Profire 2626/ pro tools 9 users..

greyskull

Mar 22, 2006
How does the 2626 integrate into PT9? I don't want to fuck about with software mixer bullshit and 2 separate playback engine sizes... Does it integrate properly into the DAE like for instance the 002/003?

CHEERS

It doesn't have 2 different playback engine. I use the engine of PT and I use the dps mixer to monitor without latency.
If you can deal with a 128 samples latency in PT, you have only to put the dsp mixer's faders at 0

Can't stand faffing about with software mixers... do my head in. Total waste of life. Love the all in one experience of using Digi interfaces, shame the native ones are really average and just wondering if plays ball nicely with DAE. Does the the playback engine only go down to 128?? with some amp sims that can seem like an eternity.

Thanks for the help guy's much appreciated!

Yes unfortunately it can go down to 128 only, on OsX (64 on windows). I'm with you...I hate mute/unmute tracks using the zero latency monitoring on the mixer...it's a total waste of time.

Yes, pretty expensive. I'm thinking about different solutions (rme hdspe + ssl alphalink, madiextreme + alphalink, PT HD Native and also PT HD) but I'm still undecided.
Anyway if it's just for edit/mix you don't have to worry about the external mixer because you would use it only for tracking.

Yes it has combo connectors so if you put an XLR cable into the inputs the signal goes into the preamps. If you insert a TRS cable instead of an XLR the preamps are bypassed.

Okay sweet... What order do you plug them in? I'd seen / heard rumblings about digital noise when daisy chaining the 2626

The order depends on what works best. I usually have drive last in the chain.
Turn everything on before the computer and you should be good.
Don't mix FW 800 and 400 devices. So if you have a drive capable of FW400 you have to use the 400 ports on it.

The order depends on what works best. I usually have drive last in the chain.
Turn everything on before the computer and you should be good.
Don't mix FW 800 and 400 devices. So if you have a drive capable of FW400 you have to use the 400 ports on it.

okay great. I'll just grab a Fw 800 to 400 cable and hope for the best then :(

I use the HOSA FW800to400 cable and it works great. I trust it more than the thin Belkin 'apple style' cable that cost more.

Actually my profire is connected to my PC with the hosa right now.

with the 800 to 400 cables everything will work fine, it's only when you try to get the card to work simultaneously at two transfer rates that it doesn't work right. the cable will keep everything at the lower speed.

grabbed it!
So far so good... I'll live with the 128 buffer for now; sure they'll sort it out ;)
Much better built than i thought it'd be, feels really solid, especially compared to my 002 which seems a bit fisher price by comparison!

ughhhh... Software mixers.. FML

How do you guys set it up so it just works like a 002/003 would? I plan on never opening this damn thing again!