Prog and Art Rock

Orelans

www.trole.org
Sep 20, 2002
Visit site
What are some really good prog and art rock bands that I probably don't know?

And does anyone know anything about the French band, Halloween?
I know they opened the first day of Progfest '94 and from what I've read on them, they sound good; albeit there isn't much information on them.

Camel
Landberk
Anekdoten
Änglagård
Tenhi

Dunno if these qualify as art/progrock, but check them out anyway.

Originally posted by Gnuckell
Camel
Landberk
Anekdoten
Änglagård

Dunno if these qualify as art/progrock, but check them out anyway.

Oh, they do... and I have :) Those are some of my favorite bands right there...

Haven't heard of Tenhi, though. I think I'll check them out if they sound remotely like anything you've listed...

thanks

Tenhi are a bit of a different kettle of fish in my opinion. They are a lot more folky, kinda gothic. But there are some prog elements, and they are wuite talented.

You seem like a well versed prog fan, so I assume The Flower Kings are nothing new to you?

But if you haven't heard of them, they have released like 7 double cd albums in 6 years or something..

go the tull

Jethro-Tull-1975.jpg

I generally use the term 'progressive rock' loosley, throwing psychedelic rock, some indie rock and various other types of music into the same category. So here's a list of some of the bands from that category that I like, I'm sure you've heard of at least some of it:

Alan Parsons Project
Amon Düül II
Ayreon
Gordian Knot
King Crimson
Pink Floyd
Klaatu
Spock's Beard
Tangerine Dream
The Flaming Lips
The Flower Kings
White Willow
Yes
John Vanderslice
The Moog Cookbook
Moody Blues
13th Floor Elevators
Wilco
Beck
H.P. Lovecraft
Necronomicon
Kraftwerk
Dargaard

Aaaand so on.

and also ....some other great bands

Gentle Giant
Atomic Rooster
Soft Machine
Van Der Graaf Generator
Genesis
Rush
Hawkwind
Paatos

where the crap can i get some anglagard CD's??!?

(so far i was able to get the vinyl of epilog off of ebay...)

Is there a better way to begin the year with some news from the band!? They've decided to put out the old studio albums on Exergy Music (http://www.exergy-music.se). It look as if a sublabel is going to be started, but nothing is concrete yet. "We will start out with "Hybris" as this is the album we are closest to putting out again...."Epilog" will follow as soon as we have found the prints masters et.c", says Mattias Olsson.
Further, Änglagård have planned to increase rehearsing (poor neighbours...), and two new songs are almost finished in the writing stage. They "are also planning to start experimenting with a track left off "Epilog" for timereasons but this is an experiment and nothing else. There are no plans for its release. Live wise....The band will do one gig in Stockholm prior to Nearfest possibly with another swedish band in the same vein. Otherwise we want to focus on Nearfest and the completion of new material....We would be interested in gigs for the late summer or autumn." (Mattias Olsson, once again)

www.anglagard.net