Rush
Wolverine
Yes
King Crimson
Hatfield and the North
The Flower Kings
Transatlantic

splump said:
also, the early genesis albums would probably work.
selling england by the pound, is one of them, dont know the name of the other good one.

true, the other good ones are 'nursery cryme', 'foxtrot' and 'the lamb lies down on broadway'. freekin incredible. the peter gabriel-stuff is good. but when phil starts singing they turn in to regular pop or something.

I pretty much agree with Slump here... King Crimson (the power to believe kicks ass), Ephel Duath, Meshuggah, Pink Floyd, all great. Get Genesis stuff from nursery cryme-lamb lies down on broadway, and you'll be set.

Yeah, meshuggah and ephel duath.
Amazing albums, the ones i mentioned.

Prog is not the same thing as prog-rock or prog-metal.
But i assume thats the shit he was asking for.
I dont think he wants REAL prog, like Nationalteatern, Träd gräs och stenar or Fläsket brinner. :p

Coz quite frankly, it sucks..

At least, thats real swedish prog, and as far as i know, we swedes started the prog-scene. Or am i mistaken?

I had a huge gap of listening to pink floyd, and i put animals on the other day it was the best music i have heard for ages, it was bliss to my ears. :Spin:

bangadrian said:
Yes, you are completely mistaken. Prog was invented in England in 1969 by King Crimson.

And also, what is this about "prog" being different from "prog-rock"...? The first is just an abbreviation for the second.
Prog, or "Progg" as it is called here in sweden is a totally different thing from the prog you are used to. Its sort of the swede's hippie-music. And i think we had some "progg"-bands before King Crimson.

And yes, i am aware that King Crimson started the _prog_-scene.
But the "progg" was invented in sweden, and thats the "progg" Mikael Åkerfeldt keeps referring too. Not the _prog_ you know it to be.