Prog and Art Rock

YES! I was scrolling down waiting to see KC and ELP, and you got them both! Good job! :D Those two along with Tool, Pink Floyd, and Jethro Tull are my favorite prog / art / etc. out there.

Demonspell said:
Is there a better way to begin the year with some news from the band!? They've decided to put out the old studio albums on Exergy Music (http://www.exergy-music.se). It look as if a sublabel is going to be started, but nothing is concrete yet. "We will start out with "Hybris" as this is the album we are closest to putting out again...."Epilog" will follow as soon as we have found the prints masters et.c", says Mattias Olsson.
Further, Änglagård have planned to increase rehearsing (poor neighbours...), and two new songs are almost finished in the writing stage. They "are also planning to start experimenting with a track left off "Epilog" for timereasons but this is an experiment and nothing else. There are no plans for its release. Live wise....The band will do one gig in Stockholm prior to Nearfest possibly with another swedish band in the same vein. Otherwise we want to focus on Nearfest and the completion of new material....We would be interested in gigs for the late summer or autumn." (Mattias Olsson, once again)

www.anglagard.net

That rocks. Thanks for confirming. ;)

I just have a question concerning the vinyl of Anglagard's Epilog. I hope someone here has listened to it throughly...
icon_wink.gif

Anyway... I'm rather new with vinyl. I just started collecting and this is one of the vinyl's I picked up so far.

I have listened to it a few times and on a few occassions it seems as though the music skips or jumps a little. I'm not sure if this is just because the head goes over some of the 'tracks' in the vinyl or if the music was recorded with odd beats here and there?

there are no visible scratches or anything. There is something that seems like a smudge though. It's very faint and can only be really distinguished when the proper amount of light hits it. I'm not sure as to what degree a smudge or a scratch will effect a vinyl. How much can a vinyl take as far as say, a fingerprint, or finger smudge or something?

any help or advice will be greatly appreciated...

cheers