Prog fans help!...Sieges Even inquiry

ashaman7122

Crazy on a ship of fools
Dec 11, 2002
Alright...I keep seeing Sieges Even's name pop up all over in prog circles, and maybe I'm not doing good detective work, but I can't find anything on this band.

Anyone got any words of wisdom for me on what this band is like, who they compare to, etc. Would also be interested in links to band info and sound bites.

Thanks for the help, metalheads....

:eek: I found some of their stuff on Win Mx...you really can't have looked too hard....Unfortunately, I have a shite connection/modem/pc/everything so I doubt I'll be able to tell you any info for a few years :( But they exist...if that helps....

Sieges Even were a german prog rock metal band that split up quite a few years ago after releasing some albums (sorry but I don't remember how many exactly right now). They were the band of the Holzwarth brothers (Alex and Oliver), who are currently in Rhapsody and Blind Guardian (if I'm not mistaken). They were very melodic, and not really similar to other prog bands. I guess you could tell they were closer to the rock side of progressive than the metal one. Their best album is considered to be "A Sense Of Change", which I have, and I must say that it is indeed one of the best progressive albums that I've ever heard. If you really need a comparison, I think you may compare them to the more melodic moment of Fates Warning. They are, as you have probably understood, much respected by prog fans.

Sieges Even apart from godz and one of my fav prog bands,created the definition of "perfect music" for me , and that is "A Sense Of Change".
They do remind Rush a LOT in ALL their albums, the first one "Life Cycles" was prog/thrash stuff influenced by watchtower very much, "steps" was a little bit 'softer" and one of the most "hard to listen" albums, then comes "A Sense Of Change" the guitar work of marcus steffen in this one is very Rush influenced , "Moving Pictures" "Pernament Waves" era..
then steffen left the band and the music changed totally "Sophisticated" was more complex not as good as sense, but great stuff , and not for all the ears of the world ...if u like watchtower and stuff buy it ."Uneven" their last album was complexed too yet more melodic than "Sophisticated" ...and it was their last album released in 1997
the TREMENDOUS singer of "Sense Of Change" now sings in a big theater ... if u listen to it u will realize why....and the brothers ..are making money now with the bands kveldssanger mentioned ...but i dont think they are musically satisfied...R.I.P.

I just have Sieges Even "Life Cycles" and they really kick ass!!!!
I look for other album too....

Hei ashaman7122, you can try too Spiral Architect if you like something like Sieges Even, but I miss Sieges Even, and look for someone want trade with me.... I just have "Life Cycles", neeeeeeed moooooreeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Sieges Even was an incredible band.

I would suggest "A Sense Of Change"... most people think it's their best... it's technical... but also very warm. "Sophisticated" is my 2nd favorite... jazzier... but impossible to find.

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
Sieges Even was an incredible band.

I would suggest "A Sense Of Change"... most people think it's their best... it's technical... but also very warm. "Sophisticated" is my 2nd favorite... jazzier... but impossible to find.

Hei....
Do you have "A sense of Change" and "Sophisticated" can I get it... maybe trade or copy... I really need that..