Prog Power Europe 2008

Okay, I got the new CD and a shirt. The gig was great - as well as hanging out with the guys and Jill after the last band (Threshold)! Thanks! You are awesome.
Pics from the whole day (performances by 21 Eyes Of Ruby, Pathosray, The Aurora Project, Suspyre, Wolverine and Threshold): http://community.webshots.com/album/567723143ttNxkW

Downloading pictures actually sucks with Webshots. You have to be registered - and even then, you just can download one picture after the other.
If you have another recommendation for a good picture-hosting site, please tell me.

Man! Even with the trouble you guys had (sound being slightly off all weekend at the venue for some bands, fuses popping, etc) you guys blew my mind. I can tell you for sure that you've gotten a special place in the hearts of some of us regulars at the festival. Hope you guys will be back again soon for a European tour so that more of us metalheads on this continent can learn more about the wonders you guys perform on stage!

Kudos to Clay for grabbing the pussyfoot with the whip and mentioning it on stage (before quickly handing it back again, slightly embarrassed :p). Like we told you, you've been baptized by the #tavern crowd and you'll be able to handle ANY crowd, no matter how annoying they are. Anyone that can keep playing (though andrew couldn't help but laugh :p)while being confronted with people like us with a whip, a flogger, several spreaderbars (dunno if you saw those in our room :p ) and the now legendary pussyfoot (which was signed by Damian Wilson and given to René at the afterparty)

Anyways, you guys have seen what the progpower crowd can be like and we sincerely hope that the experience was more than enough incentive to come back some time - to play or just to attend the festival again next year. We sure had a blast and you guys' performance was one of my highlights. Hope you'll post the videos you shot at the after-afterparty at the castle somewhere online so that the entire world will know what an amazingly crazy party it was at the castle and how incredibly drunk Norwegian guitar players can get :p

See you guys again (hopefully very) soon! (might actually come over summer next year when I visit my gf in oklahoma. Would be a nice roadtrip with you guys performing at the end of it as a reward :D )

Edit: Ich Bin Besser, perhaps try to upload your pics to the same site as what Suspyre uses for their gallery; kodakgallery.com

I agree with Cello. You guys (and april ;) totally blew our minds. With all the trouble you had with the equipment it's doubly impressive what you made out of the gig. At least in me you found a new fan and i'll keep an eye on you and hopefully see you perform again soon :)

And btw: Andrew i hope you are up for another round of pool then ;)

greetings from the #tavern
fengor

Okay, I got the new CD and a shirt. The gig was great - as well as hanging out with the guys and Jill after the last band (Threshold)! Thanks! You are awesome.
Pics from the whole day (performances by 21 Eyes Of Ruby, Pathosray, The Aurora Project, Suspyre, Wolverine and Threshold): http://community.webshots.com/album/567723143ttNxkW

Downloading pictures actually sucks with Webshots. You have to be registered - and even then, you just can download one picture after the other.
If you have another recommendation for a good picture-hosting site, please tell me.

Great pictures! I am soooooo jealous. Thanks so much for posting them.

Anyone want to post the set list?

Great pictures! I am soooooo jealous. Thanks so much for posting them.

Anyone want to post the set list?

1. Possession
2. Maniac Main Point Check
3. Distant Skies
4. April in the Fall
5. Last of the Survivors
6. Crimson Shade
7. Alterations of the Ivory
8. Blood and Passion

PPEU 2008 was such a wonderful experience. It was great meeting and mingling with old and new friends overseas. There's nothing like a castle invaded by metalheads. We definitely appreciated the crowd's encouragement, support and open minds. It would be great to return to Europe sometime in the near future.

What a fantastic weekend. I cannot even begin to explain how awesome meeting everyone was as well as playing a rocking show. The memories that will stay with all of us will definitely be part of many stories that we tell everyone for a very long time. I want to thank everyone that took part in making ProgPower Europe very special for Suspyre.

This is for everyone that participated in the afterparty back at the Kasteel...:kickass:

"Dragons and Fire"

WE NEED METAL
WE NEED STEEL
WE NEED FIRE
TURN THE WHEEL
ALL WE NEED IS METAL
ALL WE NEED IS POWER AND LIGHTENING
YOUR SOUL IS FILLED WITH SPIRIT
THE SPIRIT THAT SPEARS IT ALL!!!

Also, I am always ready for another round of pool :headbang:

glad to hear Andrew and for next time i promise to stay for the kasteel party. Damn work which made me leave early :/

Bah, I'm so freaking jealous!!!!

Well if it makes anything better I have just about the entire weekend on video! The down side to that though is that the files are large and many would probably get removed from youtube haha. I am still getting myself unpacked and what not so I hope to have them up soon!

*Yes the show is on video - from 3 different cameras*

Hope you'll post the videos you shot at the after-afterparty at the castle somewhere online so that the entire world will know what an amazingly crazy party it was at the castle and how incredibly drunk Norwegian guitar players can get :p

Ooouch, not sure I wanna see that *haha*

I'm sure you can be seen on video drinking your share of the beer as well, Hakan :p

Just make short episodes, Andrew :p Make it into a sort of mini-series :D Progpower 2008 - the series, coming shortly in a theatre near you. Soundtrack by Devin Townsend (Ziltoid), Suspyre and Justin & Kees (Dragons and fire!)

Edit: btw, what do you guys expect of your street-team? Cos I wouldn't mind doing some promotion for you guys here in Holland (or where-ever else I know people :p ), and I'm sure some of the other guys that came to Progpower wouldn't mind either.

I will try to come up with some kind of street team myspace page for those who want to be apart of a global street team for Suspyre.

btw, I am still in Italy with Pathosray, but as soon as I get home in a week, I will have lots of photos, video, etc. posted. I also took video of the after party at the kasteel on Sunday. Good times!

Yeah dudes!!!

Prog Power was fokkin awesome! I felt so bad when I was in my own bed again and when I had to work and stuff. Wish we could have had some more days of METAL!

I also kinda feel bad you guys all can sing our song, but i cant sing yours. But I'll work on that ;)
And we'll work on more songs, so one day Justin and me can play as your opener :D
Then we will rock the whole place down and kick everybody's ass with pool!

So anyway! I'd like to thank Suspyre very much for being one of the most suprising bands and ofcourse for the fuckin great evenings! You guys really made prog power even cooler than it already was!

I'm lookin forward to the video's!

And as Marcel (cello) said, if you want some promotion here, I'm learning for interactive design (like websites and posters and stuff) so if you need any help, in any form, I'll be there!

Rock on!

Heh, you guys were the life of the "after-after parties" at the kasteel. It just wouldn't be an after party without Dragons and Fire...or Oasis for that matter. :p I wish they had castles filled with metalheads in the U.S.

That can be arranged, ofcourse :) You guys go play at some venue, with a castle near, and tell us up front and I'm sure we can round up some metalheads and come around. Especially in summer, when I'll be in the US anyways to visit my gf :)