Prog Power Headliners

Except that IE is still under the restraints of Matt's job so they will mostly be playing big events and not likely doing large tours.

Oh come on....
You know damn well once he gets on stage again, they will be more than just a Festival Band.
They will do a full tour soon enough as Bob says.

Like others, I have seen IE multiple times with Barlow.
He's great, but not enough to get me to go to Prog Power.

I'd love to go, but with a wedding coming up in just over a year and also working on saving for a house, traveling for concerts is not feasible at all.

I'd think that they may use this opportunity to record a full IE dvd as Glenn has a DVD crew available if the band's wish to utilize their services.

I disagree that they will tour extensively - between Matt's job and other issues like familiy time, etc. I have a feeling that they'll limit live performances to select US/European shows, or maybe a 2-week run from time to time. I don't see Matt quitting his day job.

I don't think anyone other than Shaffer can afford to have Iced Earth as a full time job. I highly doubt that they will do a full scale tour. Personally I think that Iced Earth's best albums were with Matt, I went as far as saying that Matt was the best voice for Shaffer's music, this includes Demons & Wizards as well. I'm not knocking the other guys, I just like Matt better.

I don't think that the numbers of attendance for PP will change from the past few years, I know some people that went last year not knowing a single band and were there just for the "nostalgia" factor.

I don't think anyone other than Shaffer can afford to have Iced Earth as a full time job. I highly doubt that they will do a full scale tour. Personally I think that Iced Earth's best albums were with Matt, I went as far as saying that Matt was the best voice for Shaffer's music, this includes Demons & Wizards as well. I'm not knocking the other guys, I just like Matt better.

I don't think that the numbers of attendance for PP will change from the past few years, I know some people that went last year not knowing a single band and were there just for the "nostalgia" factor.

I totally agree. matt's voice is Iced Earth. Ripper was good, but Iced Earth will always be Matt's voice. Demons and Wizards is HIGHLY over rated.

I dont think the attendence at ProgPower will ever change. People will always go. I think Iced Earth will bring a lot of newer people to the fest who stayed away before though too.

I'd love to go, but with a wedding coming up in just over a year and also working on saving for a house, traveling for concerts is not feasible at all.

You getting married? Congrats.
Bob can provide a lot of insight on marriage!

Well, maybe IE won't do a tour.
While I love IE, esp with Barlow, I wouldn't travel to see them.

Still a very nice treat for the Prog Power faithful.
It will indeed draw some new attendees.

I totally agree. matt's voice is Iced Earth. Ripper was good, but Iced Earth will always be Matt's voice. Demons and Wizards is HIGHLY over rated.

I dont think the attendence at ProgPower will ever change. People will always go. I think Iced Earth will bring a lot of newer people to the fest who stayed away before though too.

If they're only going to see Iced Earth then they really must be die hard fans considering they'd have to fork up the $125 ticket price.

I am sure there are plenty of die-hard IE fans worldwide who will be traveling.
You know how popular they are in the states...
Just keep in mind how much MORE popular they are around the globe....

Jon would have had less traveling to do if they played Powerfest........... :lol:

You know, Ripper is a good vocalist, both in studio and live.
I did like his work with IE.

He did set himself up in a way though.
After fronting Priest, he should have stuck to his own thing. Getting booted from Priest proves that he (and anyone else for that matter) is expendible.

Joining Iced Earth (to replace ANOTHER popular frontman in Barlow) may have seemed like a good idea, it probably wasn't from a long-run perspective.

It did gain him new fans.

I think he would serve himself and his career best if he simply stuck to BEYOND FEAR, and not join an already established band.

He's got the chops to make it on his own.

Oh, I am not defending Jon.
Could have been handled better, but what's done is done.
Just speaking that after being "The guy who replaced Halford in Priest", he created a stigma by going to front another established band.

Well, maybe it was an ok move, since I am sure it generated even more interest for Beyond Fear.

I think he should stick with that as opposed to considering other offers (Which I am sure one was from ANTHRAX)

Jason, correct me if I’m wrong but anything that Ripper did in Iced Earth was not "his work" rather than what Shaffer told him to do.
I also think that the Jugulator cd was something that Priest might of never done if Ripper wasn’t in the band.
Yes he got the shit end of the stick when he was let go of Iced Eath but he would be a dummy if he didn’t see it coming for months since Barlow announce he was singing again with Pyramaze.

Jason, correct me if I’m wrong but anything that Ripper did in Iced Earth was not "his work" rather than what Shaffer told him to do.
I also think that the Jugulator cd was something that Priest might of never done if Ripper wasn’t in the band.
Yes he got the shit end of the stick when he was let go of Iced Eath but he would be a dummy if he didn’t see it coming for months since Barlow announce he was singing again with Pyramaze.

I agree with all of what you say.
Did I say anything to make you think different?

Yes, Ripper was a hired gun, both times.
I am sure he saw it coming.

My point is that he should avoid the "hired gun" situation at all costs in the future! :)

Very cool band...although can't imagine they'll do much for the draw...not that PP has to worry about draw anymore with it's built-in audience. ;)

Personally im a little let down by it. He said a Straight up Power band and a Prog/Power band. I dont raelly think IE fits either and defitenely not Amorphis. And I didnt care for Amorphis awhile ago, listening again, and not enjoying. I dont think im going. Im hoping Powerfest or Heathen Crusade make a good lineup, I wanna do a festival this year