Prog Rock Huddle

Can we all at least agree that no album by a band called New Trolls can be considered "groundbreaking"?

Can we all at least agree that no album by a band called New Trolls can be considered "groundbreaking"?

definitely.

Not to mention the music is rather uninspiring and I really DO NOT get the constant praise it garners, but that album cover with the dog in the old parliament wig thing is really terrible.

:lol:

Demilich/Ellestin, check this out:

yezdaurfaboriscd300.jpg

Yezda Urfa - Boris

Demilich:

Listened to that Spring track, tis pretty cool. But I take it that it's not indicative of the whole album. Got any other tracks?

Also.....

spring.jpg

makes me think of
roxy.jpg

for some reason.

Instead of doing the shit I should be doing, I'm going to listen to "Pawn Hearts."

EDIT: fuck that, STILL LIFE

Eclectic Prog is my favorite subgenre tbh.

Although, I tend to find VdGG a bit overrated at times. I think it may actually have to do with the piss poor production on their releases though. Pawn Hearts is my favorite though.

I bought Planet X's debut album the day it came out. Ahh, nostalgia.

edit: meaning Derek Sherinian's solo album titled Planet X, of course.

LOLercoaster! Somehow I missed this....

EDIT: I remember seeing an ad for this in METAL EDGE that described Sherinian as "the Gene Simmons of prog!" :lol:
And he was on like, what, ONE Dream Theater album? And it was the crap(pier) one!

Reminds me of the time I bought that Platypus album it was released ... :erk:

I remember liking Mullmuzzler quite a bit back in the day. Along with Shadow Gallery and Vaden Plas and Wuthering Heights and some of those other InsideOut bands. GOOD TIMES

I remember liking Mullmuzzler quite a bit back in the day. Along with Shadow Gallery and Vaden Plas and Wuthering Heights and some of those other InsideOut bands. GOOD TIMES

Never heard any of that shitz. Heard of them though. What about Jelly Jam? Liquid Tension Experiment? I actually like the one LTE album I have.