PROGPOWER EUROPE, 3 full days??

renejanssen

Apr 19, 2005
Baarlo, The Netherlands
www.progpower.eu
Hi,

Just a question. Because of our 10th anniversary we plan to do 3 days at the mainstage next year instead of the pre-party in the basement. This will be just for once, but because of the 10th edition we want to offer you something extra. We are thinking of 3 bands on Friday and the regular 6 on Saturday and Sunday.

Do you think this will be interesting?

Let us know.

Rene

Yessss - 3 days at the main stage would be absolutely fantastic. Even if it costs more. To be sincere - it is simply very very difficult to produce an acceptable sound downstairs.

Do it!

I'm all for having the pre-party / intro on the main stage, because the sound in the basement is really hard to get right, and it fails more often than not.

It looks like we will go for a 3-day event next year, if not, than the pre-party will be held in the main hall anyway. We will do some changes than so that the main hall will be a little smaller, but the bands will play on the main stage.

If we do a 3-day event of course we have to ask an entrance fee, we try to keep it as cheap as possible, but if we book 3 bands you have to count on 10-15 euro extra.

Rene

I personally think 3 days is too much for me old legs and back :)
I would rather see some extra entrance money being invested in bigger/better bands over 2 days.
Nevertheless I probably will be there if it's a 3 day event !!

I personally think 3 days is too much for me old legs and back :)
I would rather see some extra entrance money being invested in bigger/better bands over 2 days.
Nevertheless I probably will be there if it's a 3 day event !!
How would you obtain extra entrance money, if you keep it a two day event (without raising the entrance fee)?

If we organise an extra friday-night, we try not to prejudice people who're only coming on saturday and/or sunday.

ProgPower Europe 2008 will be a 3-day event, as it looks now it is an exception, but because we celebrate our 10th anniversary we thought it a good idea to offer you 3 days, with 3 bands on Friday and 6 both on Saturday and Sunday. Within a month or so we will hopefully announce the first headliner already.

Awesome :)

Basically nothing much would change for those traveling a major distance to get to the festival other than the fact that the bands'll be playing a tad earlier, right? If it's going to be 3 bands I think we can assume that they'll be playing in about the same schedule as bands on saturday and sunday would after the dinnerbreak. So in my opinion it's a great idea, especially cos the bands in the basement hadn't the facilities sound-wise that the bands had that played upstairs. PPEU is going to be amazing, I know it already :D