Progpower europe announces lineup

If they get Arcturus......I will be unhappy......>_>....maybe a trade would be in order? They could just take Pink Cream 69 and Arcturus could come on over to the US....:D

But so far I don't really know any of the bands, and not nearly as much there I've heard great things about as at the USA prog-power.

I'm PSYCHED. i really wish i could go to PPUSA but it doesn't look possible seeing how i'll be transferring to the UK.

however, PPE is still something i'm gonna try to pull off. and hearing that Orphaned Land will be there, is gold. they're the main reason i wanted to go to PPUSA.

damn, there are some good bands. I only knew novembers doom,Pagan's Mind and orphaned land so I checked out the mp3's on the band page.

From a prog point of view, they got some nice bands. I went thru the mp3's and I love what I hear. I especially like what I hear from Wolverine and cloudscape!:headbang:

The progpowers aren't suppossed to compete to the individual who wants to say which holds a candle to the other. They both are trying to give us 2 great fests with great bands(new and old)

yeah, I am waiting on the new novembers doom as it is on it's way to me.:Spin:

Rene says the first night is the heavy music night while the 2nd night is the more proggy/power night.

I think the two progpower fests compliment each other and I am thankful for people such as Rene and Glenn:worship:

Wolverine is pretty good. Progpower Europe doesn't look too shabby. Certainly better than Stratovarius...but that's just me :p. Anywho...Arcturus Arcturus Arcturus. hehe. Okay, I'll stop with Arcturus. Agalloch Agalloch Agalloch. Oh my gods, now that would be an oddball prog band for progpower. Pull that one off, and I'll give you a cookie.

Wolverine is the one Prog band that I really want to see someday at PPUSA. This is their 3rd year I think at PPEurope, so each year I keep hoping it will be the year that they're added to the PPUSA roster. No luck so far unfortunately.

Changeofamemory said:
Wolverine is the one Prog band that I really want to see someday at PPUSA. This is their 3rd year I think at PPEurope, so each year I keep hoping it will be the year that they're added to the PPUSA roster. No luck so far unfortunately.

Yup, this will be their third time to play at PP, actually they were the first band to play at PP since they were the opener back in '99.

Lord of Metal said:
Wolverine is pretty good. Progpower Europe doesn't look too shabby. Certainly better than Stratovarius...but that's just me :p. Anywho...Arcturus Arcturus Arcturus. hehe. Okay, I'll stop with Arcturus. Agalloch Agalloch Agalloch. Oh my gods, now that would be an oddball prog band for progpower. Pull that one off, and I'll give you a cookie.

agalloch live is amazing!! I saw them here in arizona!! :Spin:

as for the lineup, I highly recommend the mp3's for those that might not know all the bands

Agalloch live are indeed amazing - I saw them in Boston - but they're not a good fit for ProgPower at all IMO.

Wolverine are brilliant - their last CD was in my top 10. Some of the best vocal work I've heard in a long time.

Novembers Doom at a ProgPower show...? Well that's a new one, but hey, good for them. Great, great, great band. Seen them live too, opening for Agalloch!

Orphaned Land getting all this attention now....good for them. Well deserved.

This lineup is great. I wish i could go to Europe to see this, but oh well, PPUSA suits just perfectly. The beauty of Progpower in general is the joining of many different bands, all fantastic in their respective ways. Pagan's Mind, Wolverine, Disillusion and of course Novembers Doom are all quite different, but i can only imagine it will work well. I wonder who will be the 2 headliners for the first day

No, Agalloch isn't a good fit at all. I just think it'd be interesting to see them on the same stage as Stratovarius and Angra. hehe.