Progpower europe announces lineup

I think agalloch would work over at the europe progpower but because so many power fanatics rule the roost at the US one and can't stand anything other than high pitched vocals, I would have to agree that agalloch might not go over well at the US one.

Havermout said:
Yup, this will be their third time to play at PP, actually they were the first band to play at PP since they were the opener back in '99.

Yep....on that smaller stage in that smaller room that we couldn't quite get into to watch Wolverine's set...but we could hear them. :headbang:
Kudos to Erik from Mayadome (who played the same stage themselves later that night) for running over and grabbing some of us and saying "Check these guys out, they're great!"

THAT festival was a great excuse to take my first overseas trip. Pain of Salvation, Superior, Lemur Voice, Mayadome, and total surprises like Wolverine and Evergrey....it doesn't get much better than that, and all in one frantic night. :D (Threshold headlined, but had....inebriation issues. :dopey: )

Pellaz said:
Yep....on that smaller stage in that smaller room that we couldn't quite get into to watch Wolverine's set...but we could hear them. :headbang:
Kudos to Erik from Mayadome (who played the same stage themselves later that night) for running over and grabbing some of us and saying "Check these guys out, they're great!"

THAT festival was a great excuse to take my first overseas trip. Pain of Salvation, Superior, Lemur Voice, Mayadome, and total surprises like Wolverine and Evergrey....it doesn't get much better than that, and all in one frantic night. :D (Threshold headlined, but had....inebriation issues. :dopey: )

I lived in europe for 3 years while in the military. I plan on getting back there at least once a year and it is fests like this that helps make the decision easier. It is stories like yours when you say "total surprises" which I keep telling people why they shouldn't just look at a lineup and not be interested just because they don't know various bands.

They are the worst band that i have ever heard, i had seen them 3 years ago at the NEW ENGLAND METAL AND HARDCORE FESTIVAL.They looked like a bunch of white trash, scumbags on stage. They are not even prog...more like gothic metal..........what a joke!!!!

LOCALX said:
They are the worst band that i have ever heard, i had seen them 3 years ago at the NEW ENGLAND METAL AND HARDCORE FESTIVAL.They looked like a bunch of white trash, scumbags on stage. They are not even prog...more like gothic metal..........what a joke!!!!

gothic metal? what an idiot: first you went to that idiotic metalfest and 2nd, you have no idea on how to describe a band:Smug:

LOCALX said:

What. a. dumbass.

"They are not even prog...more like gothic metal..."

Dude - to give you the benefit of the doubt, you are DEFINITELY thinking of the wrong band here.

Let's analyze this gem line-by-line, shall we?

LOCALX said:
They are the worst band that i have ever heard,

Whew. I suppose that's pretty bad.

i had seen them 3 years ago

Three years is a long time, nyet? The new CD is majorly different from previous CDs, too.

at the NEW ENGLAND METAL AND HARDCORE FESTIVAL.

Probably not the best place to see a band perform......

They looked like a bunch of white trash, scumbags on stage.

And of course, as we all know, a band's stage-appearance instantly defines how good they are, and whether we should like them or not.

They are not even prog...

I'm not sure anyone here said they were. I don't think they'd say they were 'prog' either.

more like gothic metal..........

As someone else said, you definitely want to hear the new CD before making this call. Or maybe they were right, and you were thinking of a completely different band.

what a joke!!!!

Nahh, the joke's on you.*

-=-=-=-=-
* maybe delete 'on'

November's Doom is a great band... I saw them three years ago too (opening for Moonspell) and they were awesome. (The stage at Riley's Rock House looked like it was going to collapse under the vocalist, but that just made the whole experience so much more METAL!!! ;) ) Kudos to ND for getting this gig... after all, they co-headlined Powerfest 2004, and got a very good response, even from many of the skeptics who don't like death vocals.

LOCALX said:

Wow your wisdom is awesome. Good sir will you give us your opinion on some other groups that we already have opinions on..maybe you will change them with your great and superior intellect :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: