ProgPower Program Interviews - Feedback

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I wanted to ask you for a little bit of feedback with the program interviews that Zod and I conducted for this year. What did you guys like about it, and what did you not like? I wanted to hear some opinions, suggestions, complains, feedback in general - just so we can improve and make them even better next year.

Zod for instance can't wait to read the interview I will conduct with Sanctuary. :lol: :lol: :lol: (ducks and covers)

Thank you very much guys!

I want to hear how you're interviewing Sanctuary without telling Zod...

:lol: The only reason I said that was because of Zod's quote:

"If I am not the person interviewing Sanctuary, there will be blood."

In all seriousness, I can tell you that I will *not* be the one interviewing them. :lol:

I understood from a previous post elsewhere that all interviews will be posted on the site after the festival.
I would like to read the whole Seventh Wonder interview; is there already a link to the interviews somewhere or do we have to wait till the new ProgPower-site is finished?

I understood from a previous post elsewhere that all interviews will be posted on the site after the festival.
I would like to read the whole Seventh Wonder interview; is there already a link to the interviews somewhere or do we have to wait till the new ProgPower-site is finished?

You're correct - full interviews will be posted once the site redesign is complete.

~Jen

One thing I wanted to mention that I really liked about the program this year (besides the interviews) was the full-page Delain pic just before their interview. This was a great place for autographs and it's large enough to tear out and frame or just hang up if you desired. I would love it if there was something similar for all bands in next years program.

I personally like the portions of the interviews where the artists talk about the songs more in depth. Not necessarily the "meaning" of the songs, but the writing process and any funny stories from the studio. I'm not as interested in the "history of the band" kind of stuff (probably in the minority) but I thought the questions you guys asked concerning downloading and the writing process were good. Just my $.02.

I wanted to ask you for a little bit of feedback with the program interviews that Zod and I conducted for this year. What did you guys like about it, and what did you not like? I wanted to hear some opinions, suggestions, complains, feedback in general - just so we can improve and make them even better next year.
That would be awesome. Please feel free to be brutally honest.

Zod for instance can't wait to read the interview I will conduct with Sanctuary. :lol: :lol: :lol: (ducks and covers)
:lol:

One thing I wanted to mention that I really liked about the program this year (besides the interviews) was the full-page Delain pic just before their interview. This was a great place for autographs and it's large enough to tear out and frame or just hang up if you desired. I would love it if there was something similar for all bands in next years program.

To be honest, it was "pure luck" that there was a full-page picture of Delain in the magazine. The record label decided to put in a 1/1 pg advert for the band, and I just placed it right in front of the interview.

As you can see, we were hard pressed for space this year, which is why there's only a tiny bit of the Accept interview in the magazine. Imagine trying to fit in a full page picture of all 12 bands playing - it just wouldn't be possible. Sorry.

Claus

To be honest, it was "pure luck" that there was a full-page picture of Delain in the magazine. The record label decided to put in a 1/1 pg advert for the band, and I just placed it right in front of the interview.

As you can see, we were hard pressed for space this year, which is why there's only a tiny bit of the Accept interview in the magazine. Imagine trying to fit in a full page picture of all 12 bands playing - it just wouldn't be possible. Sorry.

Claus

Put the full-page stuff in the hard-cover edition. Available at the IntroMental table at next year's merch room. $29.95, or €30. Only 666 available! :lol:

I personally like the portions of the interviews where the artists talk about the songs more in depth. Not necessarily the "meaning" of the songs, but the writing process and any funny stories from the studio. I'm not as interested in the "history of the band" kind of stuff (probably in the minority) but I thought the questions you guys asked concerning downloading and the writing process were good. Just my $.02.

Thanks bro! We'll definitely take that into consideration!

Claus

I figured as much. Still, it might be something that could be explored as an additional item sold at future ProgPowers. I'd pay $10 for a booklet filled with 8.5x11 promo shots from each band. I would much rather get that autographed then pack all the CD covers I bring every year. Of course I have no idea what would be involved as far as licensing, printing, etc, but I'll bet I'm not alone in thinking this would be a nice souvenir.

Just finished reading the booklet. I haven't always read every interview all the way for bands I'm not really interested in, but this time I read nearly everything because I found them quite interesting. Very good questions. I appreciate Glenn having the interviews done and printing the program each year. He certainly doesn't "have to" do this - it's a great extra perk for show-goers!