Program/Interview Announcement

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
The winds of change are blowing...

Bill aka Purple Crayon Writer is unable to participate in the band interviews for the program this year. I would like to thank him for his awesome work in the past and wish him nothing but the best in the future.

Milton & Zod stepped up to the plate last year to help out. I'm very happy to say that they will now take the lead on all interviews.

Thank you gentlemen. You deserve a round of applause.

I've re-read my programs a number of times in between festivals - they are well done and excellent interviews. Hats off to all who do the work and for all the time invested in putting them together.

You couldn't ask for two better to do the interviews, my hat is off to Miltie and Zod.

Thank you J-Man for the kind words!!

Glenn, it's a pleasure to be involved yet again. Thank you for trusting Zod and I with the job.

Also, working with Bill last year was such a pleasant experience. I also wish him all the best.

You guys do good work. Looking forward to the program. I know it will be entertaining as well as informative.

Good luck Zod. Must be hard to interview a bunch of bands you don't care much for in a style of music you don't care much for! ;)

Good luck Zod. Must be hard to interview a bunch of bands you don't care much for in a style of music you don't care much for! ;)
LOL.

Even if I'm not a fan of the band, the interview process is generally fun. Most of these folks are interesting people, and I almost always respect what they do. As an example, I've never been a fan of PowerQuest, but I think they're a talented bunch and Steve was an absolutely great interview. Honest, sincere, good sense of humor. I'm now quite interested in hearing the new line-up, as my biggest problem with the previous line-up was with the vocals, not the music.

The other thing that's cool is the interview process raises my interest level, with regard to the band's performance and catalog. It forces me to familiarize myself with material I might otherwise gloss over. And it gives me somewhat of a more personal connection to the band, that I wouldn't have otherwise.

On a positive note, Milton and I split the bands in a way I believe we're both pretty pleased with.

Finally, I'm always happy to contribute in some small way to the festival. Without kissing too much ass, I've seen a ton of great bands and made a lot of real friends because of ProgPower. If Glenn asks, I'm happy to oblige.

By the way, thanks to all those who wished Milton and I well. It's appreciated.

:lol:

In truth, Daniel would probably be an absolutely fascinating interview. And while I don't like the music PoS puts out, I do (all jokes aside) respect what they do. They're original and gifted.

I can attest to that. I have interviewed Daniel twice before, and both interviews were, as you said, fascinating. The last time I interviewed him was when Scarsick came out. I should probably go through my files and see if I can post it here, or at least let you take a look at it. Even though it's a little outdated, the guy was extremely insightful and clever. It was quite an enjoyable conversation.

That's cool Zod, I look forward to reading the reviews. Hopefully this year I get their quick enough so I can get the program, as I like to read it in between sets.