ProgPower USA X Bands

It isnt a weak line up by far, just I think everyone expected something huge this time around. Saturday seems to be a best of ProgPower. The whole line up is solid, and I am not even a fan of any of those bands but I will say that is a good line up. The friday for me is really nice. I love Power Quest, Sabaton and Andre Matos is my favorite vocalist of all time. I think the shock of it all is still hitting us. I really think we all expected Tarot, Almah, Falconer and others....but like always...there are always surprises and bands that we never thought about. I would have never guessed Andre matos.

I dont think it gets less appealing. I think that it is harder and harder to book due to more acts touring now and more other smaller fest bringing bands over. It isnt like how it was 6 or 7 years ago where you were lucky to get at least 5 good tours a year....maybe.

I am sure it will sell out. Just on reputation alone. It is run professionally and I have never heard anyone ever say they had a bad time there. Hopefully this doesnt turn into a bitch session with everyone asking why this band and that band were not booked.

The only surprise that hit me and my husband was... No Evergrey? Damn we had 3-1 odds on them coming.. but christ on a pony thats a great lineup..

As someone who has been a complainer for the last three years, let me just say that this lineup is one of my favorites ever. I love Fates Warning, Andre Matos, Power Quest, Brainstorm, Pagan's Mind, Circus Maximus, and Royal Hunt. There isn't a single band on there that I don't like, just a few I'm not familiar with(like Diablo String Orchestra).

And wow. Just wow. Glenn finally got Fates Warning, one of the few true headliners that he hasn't landed yet. I'm not sure if Matos is headliner material, but he's obviously got enough material to keep a crowd interested for 90 minutes, so that's cool.

My only quibble is with Power Quest and Circus Maximus being openers. I have to assume that the OP didn't list them in order. Seems to me that Power Quest and Circus Maximus have a lot more buzz than Tomorrow's Eve or Diablo Swing Orchestra. But we always quibble with roster slots. Heck, as long as I get to see those bands.

Saturday is pure Heaven minus Orphaned Land. Circus Maximus, Pagans Mind, and Brainstorm all the same night? Holy fuckin' shit! Talk about BADASS! I'll be up front all damn night!

Can i join you? :headbang:

No doubt i'll be visiting US and Progpower USA for the first time next year!!!

I've done PP UK and PP Scandinavia and in one week i'm at PP Europe so it feels so right to make it over to US to "complete" the Progpowers:)

wtf... [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NhCGFwy4aA&feature=related[/ame]

dinner time!

cheers for CM, PM, Brainstorm, Andre, Sabaton, TE, PQ, and RH

I do have one question: new material. I don't mind repeat bands, but I don't have much use for seeing the same set I saw 2-3 years ago. Pagan's Mind has had an album come out since their last performance, but they played 2 songs off that album anyway at PPVIII. Will there be new material from them by September 2009? And if not, will the set be special in some way? Ditto for Orphaned Land. It will have been four years since their last performance, but as far as I know there's been no new material from them.

Longshot9, why would you pick a horrible live bootleg off youtube to preview a band? That particular D:S:O track off their CD always makes me want to dance and I appreciate a band trying something different than the old power/prog metal cliches. I love them, and I am beyond excited that Glenn is bringing them over here. Hell yeah for the oddball slot!

I'm also pumped to see Sabaton and Orphaned Land. Circus Maximus and Pagan's Mind will definitely be a great live show to see again. It's just the headliners I'm not too keen on... but if they bring in the crowds, more power to them.

If ANYONE here thinks that this is all Glenn has up his sleeve you guys haven't been around long... this is just the tip of the iceberg... we haven't heard all the details and I am SURE there is more to come...Glenn ALWAYS delivers... Saturday night is going to slay! And don't forget what Thursday may bring:headbang:

What if Glenn pulls off the biggest reunion yet and John Arch sets foot on the stage with Fates Warning... that would be incredible!!!:worship:

Another random thought... There is a certain singer that lives in Pittsburgh that used to sing for Royal Hunt... Might he wonder onto the stage?!?!?!?!Glenn has a way of pulling these things off...

FATES! FATES! FATES!! OMG!!!

Like other(s) I am also surprised at no Evergrey. Yeah sure they've played a bunch of times, but really...they're the PP USA house band!

Any chance Fates will have Mark on drums?

Can i join you? :headbang:

No doubt i'll be visiting US and Progpower USA for the first time next year!!!

I've done PP UK and PP Scandinavia and in one week i'm at PP Europe so it feels so right to make it over to US to "complete" the Progpowers:)

Damn right! Its been way too long since we shared a beer together! Cant wait to see you again! :kickass:

Pumped up is an understatement!

FATES! FATES! FATES!! OMG!!!

Like other(s) I am also surprised at no Evergrey. Yeah sure they've played a bunch of times, but really...they're the PP USA house band!

Any chance Fates will have Mark on drums?

Get with the program, Pagan's is the new house band;)