ProgPower USA XIX (2018) Roster announced

This is the best lineup, IMO, looking at everything from Wed-Sat, in quite a few years. And a band from Andorra? Won't the presence of a whole band from Andorra basically shut that place down for the weekend?

If you mean the country will shut down without the six guys of Persefone in it, not too inaccurate actually :tickled:

Whether through preparation for the upcoming festival, or through great sets at the current festival, the chance to get introduced to new bands is indeed one of the coolest things about the festival.

For example, I went to PPUSA in 2007 to see Threshold, Virgin Steele and Primal Fear, but I rapidly became fans of After Forever and Sonata Artica after their blistering sets.

In 2014, I went primarily for Jon Oliva's Pain doing Streets in its entirety, as well as Stratovarius, but preparing for the show got me interested in Voodoo Circle, and I was blown away by Overkill's set.

Last year introduced me to Haken, Freedom Call and Serious Black. and I would have gotten the boxed set of Refuge era Rage material if it hadn't sold out.

This year, Orphaned Land blew me away, and I also picked up albums by Serenity, Vanden Plas, Lords of Black and Distorted Harmony at the merchandise stands.

agree 100% - went in 2016 to see DragonForce and Blind Guardian left the show as a Circus Maximus and Pyramaze fan