ProgPower V - Sept 17/18, Atlanta

JayKeeley said:
Is it the best line up yet? At minimum, I think it matches PP III. :cool:
I still think 2 was the best lineup. I think V is in a close battle with IV for worst lineup.

NP: Pain of Salvation - "Book III: Genesinister"

ProgMetalFan said:
I still think 2 was the best lineup. I think V is in a close battle with IV for worst lineup.
The thing about ProgPower is that it all pivots on the headliners IMO. If you're not into the headliners, then it just 'aint worth going all that way just to see opening acts.

Put it this way, although I LOVE Into Eternity, it's the headliners at PPV that truly sold it to me.

JayKeeley said:
The thing about ProgPower is that it all pivots on the headliners IMO. If you're not into the headliners, then it just 'aint worth going all that way just to see opening acts.

Put it this way, although I LOVE Into Eternity, it's the headliners at PPV that truly sold it to me.
you have a point... I definately enjoy the bands at the opening slots (Into Eternity, Adagio) much more than the closing slots (Members of Savatage, Edguy)... so I guess it wouldn't make much sense for me to travel all that distance and spend all that money to see Into Eternity play a half-hour set... although I would still love to see Pain of Salvation... who would have the same set length as Members of Savatage, I do believe. I do think Into Eternity will bless us with a tour sometime soon... weren't they gonna do a U.S. tour last year... but were kept out of the country because the government thought they were Saskatchewani terrorists?

FYI: for hotels, the Fairfield Inn around the corner has a 2-room Suite available for that weekend (2 Queen beds, 1 is a pullout) @ $108/night. It has a living room, kitchen, microwave, fridge, etc.

markgugs said:
FYI: for hotels, the Fairfield Inn around the corner has a 2-room Suite available for that weekend (2 Queen beds, 1 is a pullout) @ $108/night. It has a living room, kitchen, microwave, fridge, etc.
Dude, book it, you can always cancel later, that sounds good too as I don't think the room I reserved has a kitchen for holding our..... uh.... groceries.

markgugs said:
"Members of Savatage"?

Who exactly needs to be in the band for you to consider them Savatage?
well, you can't call it savatage, since zak is not their singer.

by the same logic, it cannot be called members of savatage since zak is not their singer.

i don't understand this "reunion" anyway since there has only been one album since zak left the band, and he just sang a bunch of savatage songs there last year with circle II circle (and a couple with jon oliva playing keys). i think the new singer should be promoted as i sure don't know anything about him.

This is that chick that serves beer at ProgPower...just a regular picture with no PHOTOSHOP, but I swear, she's even hotter in real life:

maria_75.jpg

JayKeeley said:
This is that chick that serves beer at ProgPower...just a regular picture with no PHOTOSHOP, but I swear, she's even hotter in real life:

maria_75.jpg
Yep. That picture doesn't do her justice. She is so friggin hot. If Glenn was really smart, he'd have her dancing as the headliner. That would be tens times better than Edguy.

Zod

Just booked a suite at the Residence Inn (2 queen beds, full living room, full kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, etc) for $96/night including tax. Sleep 4 comfortably.

Jason, cancel that Granada room. :)