Prog Power V Bands Released!

theodyssey said:
Does no one else like the almighty BRAINSTORM??? They rule... check them out if you want some good straight ahead power metal (no cheese like hammerfall)
Didn't Andy Franck of Brainstorm rip off a bunch of Pain of Salvation lyrics for his latest Symphorce album?

Members of Savatage-=/ sorta cool
Edguy-Awesome
Kamelot-Awesome
Pain of Salvation-Awesome
Tad Morose-Cool
Brainstorm-Never listened to them
Wuthering Heights-Awesome
Dreamscape-Never Listened to them
Into Eternity-I don't like them personally
Adagio-Awesome

If I can get to Georgia, I definetly want to see this, lots of great bands :X

Pain of Salvation would be awesome (my copy of 12:05 arrived in the mail today-its really good...)
Kamelot would be okay....Adagio would be okayish.....the rest would still be better than half the bands that come to Australia.

Serge... said:
They should add Symphony X, Zero Hour, and Sun Caged. Now THAT would be the ultimate progpower.
You are totally right.....although SyX can't play since a band can't play 2 years in a row, although ZH and SC should of definately been there. Even though I am a little dissapointed in the lineup of bands, I am still stoked that Adagio is going to be there! I KNEW they would, I just had a feeling! Although they are only playing an opening slot? WTF?! they deserve to headline! Although I like PoS I pretty much expected them to be there, and if Brainstorm sticks to just material from their newest album they will kick ass. BTW.....Into Eternity isn't power or prog is it? Aren't they like death or melodic death metal?

People call into eternity death/prog. I think they should be there....death vocals seem to really fuck with progsnobs :lol: at any rate, brainstorms last two albums have been good... And they HAVE to play blind suffering.......

As for symphorce ripping off PoS lyrics, who knows. All I know is doesn't matter...different band (dispite the singer)

symphonyXjapan said:
You are totally right.....although SyX can't play since a band can't play 2 years in a row, although ZH and SC should of definately been there. Even though I am a little dissapointed in the lineup of bands, I am still stoked that Adagio is going to be there! I KNEW they would, I just had a feeling! Although they are only playing an opening slot? WTF?! they deserve to headline! Although I like PoS I pretty much expected them to be there, and if Brainstorm sticks to just material from their newest album they will kick ass. BTW.....Into Eternity isn't power or prog is it? Aren't they like death or melodic death metal?
I agree about Sun Caged... that would've been a great choice and would've inserted a little more prog into this power-metal-dominated lineup. Into Eternity should definately be at ProgPower... they are definately prog... and they are easily the most technical band on the lineup... this lineup really lacks technical music though... too much anthem-metal. I'm suprised Into Eternity has an opening slot... I would've thought they were a bigger name than Dreamscape.