ProgPower V - Sept 17/18, Atlanta

Dark One said:
No problem, I figured as such you old man. :D But an old man with his own family to worry about.
Oh yeah....

Agreed. POS is a perfect time for me to regroup for the awesome show that Edguy is going to put on to end the festival. This, Savatage and Into Eternity are reasons enough to head down.
Have I mentioned that I think the new Into Eternity album is phenomenal? I mean, come on, even npearce likes it. \m/

JayKeeley said:
I actually missed the debate with Bear, I just heard about it, heh.
It was definitely one for the ages. But when push came to shove, all parties involved united for a group hug in the spirit of the fest.

JayKeeley said:
That's cool, although there's something nice about seeing your own skid marks in your own hotel bathroom. :lol: Seriously though, that's very cool you already have that room because the thing about hotel rooms is that you can always cancel pretty easily. Flights are a different matter....
Exactly, plus I knew those rooms would fly off the shelf and they did. As for skid marks, well, I think we'd all rather see our own, but I'd chalk it up to all being part of the experience..... oh ok, it's all about saving money dammit. LOL

JayKeeley said:
Oh, and I doubt if Erik will fly over for this, even though I know he's a closet Brainstorm fan. :loco:
Well, the offer still stands just in case.

JayKeeley said:
Have I mentioned that I think the new Into Eternity album is phenomenal? I mean, come on, even npearce likes it. \m/
Heh, uh.... hmm..... has Jay mentioned around here how much he likes the new Into Eternity???....... hmmmm....... **taps foot while pondering this carefully**........... Nah

But I'm still interested anyway.

Dark One said:
BTW, just to be safe, I reserved a 2 bed suite at the Granada (already sold out). I can always cancel if everyone decides to book at another hotel and everything. I can fit up to 5 I believe, so Jay, Mark, Amman and Erik, let me know if you're interested. If you'd prefer another hotel, please keep me in your plans and we'll all help each other keep the costs down. Bring it on!! :headbang:
Yeah, that sounds awesome. On a safer note, I'll look after the room keys as you guys need a fucking Nanny 24/7. At Wacken, you were locked out of your own room and too fucking scared to ask the front desk for a spare key. Amazing what would have been the outcome had I not been there. Fucking hell dude, would you like me to change your nappy? :) Mind you, Gugs is just as bad...the words 'limit', 'alcohol', and 'dull cunt' fit him like a cheap suit.

ChiefB said:
Yeah, that sounds awesome. On a safer note, I'll look after the room keys as you guys need a fucking Nanny 24/7. At Wacken, you were locked out of your own room and too fucking scared to ask the front desk for a spare key. Amazing what would have been the outcome had I not been there. Fucking hell dude, would you like me to change your nappy? :) Mind you, Gugs is just as bad...the words 'limit', 'alcohol', and 'dull cunt' fit him like a cheap suit.
LOL!! I knew you'd read between the lines and understand. We desparately need a chaperone so us miscreants can re-invent the elevator mosh and get lost in local cornfields n' stuff without worrying.

I still want to know how much the room is? And how large it is? 4 people in one place gets crowded awful fast...

And if I recall the Granada...it's not cheap. A single bed + couch pullout was $169+tax. The suites were near $300/night.

markgugs said:
This can easily be answered...

how much does the suite cost? And is that 2 BED or 2 BEDROOM? How many rooms total, i.e. how large is the suite?
2 Beds at least, I'm not sure if there's two bedrooms, but I know they'll be an upstairs and downstairs like before. I can get an extra cot as well. $134 a night, so it's $402 total for three nights (if you include the Pre-party on Thursday), or $268 for just Friday and Saturday.

That's not too bad...

$402 (+tax, figure $450-$475 total) / 4 people = $130 or so per person for the total stay. I'm figuring we'll all come in for the full 3 nights. The only reason I wouldn't say 'yes' right off the bat is that both Ali and I have loads of Marriott points, and free is even cheaper. We have time though, so that's cool.

Good work!

markgugs said:
I still want to know how much the room is? And how large it is? 4 people in one place gets crowded awful fast...

And if I recall the Granada...it's not cheap. A single bed + couch pullout was $169+tax. The suites were near $300/night.
Hmmm.... ok, I thought the whole place utilized the upstairs, downstairs format. I think it's just like the room you guys had last time, but with two queen beds and the downstairs couch. Not really a full suite, but it should be roomy enough.

markgugs said:
What did I do? :zombie:
You received my pent up anger that had been brewing since Wacken, plus I'd forgotten to take my lithium this morning. :loco:

4 people in one place gets crowded awful fast...
Remember Dark One's room of Hobbits at Wacken....and smells awfully fast?

markgugs said:
That's not too bad...

$402 (+tax, figure $450-$475 total) / 4 people = $130 or so per person for the total stay. I'm figuring we'll all come in for the full 3 nights. The only reason I wouldn't say 'yes' right off the bat is that both Ali and I have loads of Marriott points, and free is even cheaper. We have time though, so that's cool.

Good work!
Cool, thx man, and that's definitely understandable. Anything you guys decide is fine by me.

markgugs said:
That was quite honestly the most foul-smelling, unhabitable environment I've ever had the mispleasure of witnessing. o_O
:lol: :lol: Hey, come on, was it our fault the Germans don't believe in air conditioning even in 95 degree weather? Blame rotting in an inferno for 15 hours, followed by passing out in a much smaller, enclosed inferno. Or blame Canada.

You know, I guess we could've used those water pistols that cute, but insane girl gave to us to stay cool more than we did in those rooms. You guys weren't exactly shing examples of hygeine either you know. Heh.

The story of getting the Wacken backstage passes, as told by Chief B:

Queuing under the blaze of the searing sun, we snail paced along the queue. If the sun wasn’t bad enough we were nearly mauled by a huge monstrous truck with the words “Waste Management” emblazoned on the sides. Parking by the queue, the driver got out and pulled a huge hose out and stuck it in what must have been the portable cabin toilet, then the pump started. The smell of a hundred bile dumps engulfed the air. People were putting their hands, T shirts, anything to their mouths and eyes just to disguise the obnoxious smell that was infiltrating their nasal cavities. It was fucking horrific. I swear I caught a glimpse of Dark One catching a good whiff when he thought nobody else was watching. Now at the time, those that were near the front (like us) were getting it full blown. It was like a wet steam bath of lower bowel movements. I’m sure some people with weak immune systems caught some unique strand of ebola that day from the truck. We eventually made it to the ticket office smelling of other peoples arses (and some of us sun burnt), but we got our laminated VIP pass and the VIP parking! This was good and the smell of putrid feces was immediately forgotten.