ProgPower XIII DVD

orcslayr23

Jan 30, 2008
CT, USA
Does anyone know whether there will be a dvd of this years ProgPower? I know they don't make one every year but i'd definitely buy it if they made one of this year.

As nailz said, you could've just come.

But, to make you feel a little better about yourself, you're wrong. ;)

Believe me, if I could I would've definitely gone down, but I was unemployed from May till August, so obviously rebuilding my savings was more important than shelling out however much to travel from CT to GA plus admission plus hotels.

The scenario someone above presented about Kamelot headlining with Amaranthe as support would be amazing. I hear Amaranthe is super popular overseas so it's only a matter of time before they tour over here...

Believe me, if I could I would've definitely gone down, but I was unemployed from May till August, so obviously rebuilding my savings was more important than shelling out however much to travel from CT to GA plus admission plus hotels.

The scenario someone above presented about Kamelot headlining with Amaranthe as support would be amazing. I hear Amaranthe is super popular overseas so it's only a matter of time before they tour over here...

I hear you.

Btw, where in CT are you? I still remember when Wayniac and I were the two sole ProgPower-ers from around here. Glad to see more people following our legacy, :lol::lol:

Fuck. That probably would've been the only way i'd ever get to see Amaranthe and Solution .45 live.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Amaranthe blew up worldwide and managed to do a US tour. Catchy metal with female vocals and big hooks? That's kind of a triple threat for success. Attached to the right tour on an opening slot, they could very easily hit it big. S45 might not be as good a chance, but death metal is certainly bigger over here than power metal is, so you have a better chance of seeing them tour the states than Reinxeed or Mystic Prophecy. Them in a support slot behind Arch Enemy or Dark Tranquillity would fit right in. Scar Symmetry even toured the states a couple times, if I remember correctly.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Amaranthe blew up worldwide and managed to do a US tour. Catchy metal with female vocals and big hooks? That's kind of a triple threat for success. Attached to the right tour on an opening slot, they could very easily hit it big. S45 might not be as good a chance, but death metal is certainly bigger over here than power metal is, so you have a better chance of seeing them tour the states than Reinxeed or Mystic Prophecy. Them in a support slot behind Arch Enemy or Dark Tranquillity would fit right in. Scar Symmetry even toured the states a couple times, if I remember correctly.

I highly doubt Solution .45 will tour the states. As much as I would love it (their debut is my #1 favorite metal album) they aren't really a "live" band, as in they don't play shows. I think that ProgPower show was a one time thing. I agree they'd make a great opening band for any of the tours you listed.

Yeah Scar Symmetry toured twice in the states to support Dark Matter Dimensions (which was a "meh" album), but for some reason didn't tour here once to support The Unseen Empire (easily their best next to Holographic Universe). Gonna rant a bit, but i've seen some of their sets and for some reason they are still focusing on old songs rather than trying to support the stellar new album, plus they didn't even make one music video! How does that make any sense? "Lets make an album...and then promote it as little as possible."

Correction.....considering all the backing tracks they use, I'm not so sure they're a "live" band yet.... :loco:

Oh_No_You_Didn%27t!.gif