Progressive metal song.. Opinions needed

I like the sound of the first sample more so than the second one...

I'm talking, guitar, drums, overall... sounds more cohesive. IMO

I've also listened to that track on a couple different speaker setups and I think the level of kick-click that was there was fine...

Sounds good... KEEP IT UP!:headbang:

Thanks again for the comments:).. It seems that I have different sounds on almost every song but still cannot deicide which one is the best (damn podxt with it's numerous amp models:cool: ). That second mix had extremely fizzy guitar patches that needed much post eq tweaking (hmm.. why did I still used them:loco: )but it still turned out hmm.. quite ok.. I think I have to try the mesa model with screamer again.. People here seems to get the best results with it..

I think I have to try the mesa model with screamer again.. People here seems to get the best results with it..

So do you guys really use an analogue tube screamer in front of the POD? Does it make a huge difference?
I thought whatever you plug into the red bean, its output will always sound "poddish" (which does not have to be a bad thing) :rolleyes:

So do you guys really use an analogue tube screamer in front of the POD? Does it make a huge difference?
I thought whatever you plug into the red bean, its output will always sound "poddish" (which does not have to be a bad thing) :rolleyes:

Well I meant the screamer that is in the pod.. But I have heard few clips about pod with bad monkey on line6 forum. Don't really know if it makes much difference in metal sounds but in mellower sounds and leads it shines. I guess I have to get one and see myself.