Proper Rhythm Recording

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
Can anyone give me a simple answer to a simple question? :)

I'm trying to record guitar rhythm... leads... solos... stuff like that.

I want the Rhythm to be normal, taking the left and right speaker!

I'd like the leads, played like the rhythm, to match up with the rhythm instead of sounding too much like the sound is shifting to a different area when the leads pop in...

The program I use, Adobe Audition 1.5, give me two options for recording guitar. Stereo, or by single left / right channels. If I choose stereo, it records the sound into one wave. If I choose to do the two-channel thing, I have to arm 2 tracks for recording left and right so that it will record the stereo that way. But the thing is, I've done that and the leads still don't match up with the rhythm. How the hell am I supposed to record this properly so that it is all in the right place? I record through a processor by the way, no amplifier.

I guess I have the same question for keyboards too. I'd like to get a great sound from my home recordings and all I need to be able to do that is to know the proper way to record rhythms and leads...

Please help! Thanks in advance!

Brandon

record all guitars as mono, do two performances of the rhythm, and pan these left/right, and leave the lead panned centre, and you should be fine.