Protest the Hero

Im not sure if they are similiar, but fall of troy are talented

Nah they're different, although I'd say Fall Of Troy are better.

I've seen protest live 6 times now, the first time being back in the day when they were a straight up punk band, and the last time being about a month ago. Listen to a song like "These Colors Don't Run" or "I am Dmitri Karamozov and The World is My Father" from A Calculated Use of Sound, and then listen to any song from Fortress. You'll swear they're a different band. They've come a LONG way. The impressive thing is that Arif wrote Kezia while they were still in high school.
Luke and Tim are very, very talented guitarists, Arif is an amazing bass player and lyricist, and Moe has progressed alot as drummer. Noone can say anything against their musicianship. And as far as Rody's vocals go, its one of those love it, or hate it kinda things. I know plenty of people who think he sounds like a whiny emo/pop singer, and i know plenty more(myself included) who think hes an amazing vocalist, with as much range and versatility as anyone today.

That.

And yeah, Tim was at the Dillinger show in Toronto last time, so me and a few friends went up and talked to him about their next show with fucking Silverstein lol. He was like "yeah, I really don't wanna do that tour". It's funny cuz they get put into these types of situations all the time with random metal bands, and get booed off the stage cuz they're different.

Have you ever seen photos of this band? I know image doesn't matter, but they're fucking disgraceful. They may play metal, but they sure as hell ain't metal. Fuck you if you don't understand what I'm saying and fuck the hipsters that support this band.

To me, hipsters are people who judge based on looks. ;)

who cares what they look like? if its getting them laid then it's probably a good image to have.

as for the band itself, theyre extremely talented and theyre getting heavier with each album. the song structures do suck, but you gotta admit they probably have the best all around vocalist in metal today and fuck theyre catchy

Best vocalists?
They are heavy?
Extremely talented?

Since when does getting laid justify creating boring and immature music?

F.O.A.D

Best vocalists?
They are heavy?
Extremely talented?

F.O.A.D

It's your opinion but I wouldn't call them boring...I mean there's obviously better stuff out there, but I like how they bring something new with each album. You don't see many mainstream bands do that nowadays.

I actually didn't like the vocals at first, but I've kinda been letting them grow on me cause I like everything else they do.

Best vocalists?
They are heavy?
Extremely talented?

F.O.A.D

didnt say he was best, said he was one of the best
he has tons of range, can pull off great growls and has a good scream. hes more well rounded than most vocalists and he can do it all good.

theyre not wormed heavy, but each album gets heavier

if you dont think their talented youre really ignorant, they were in fucking high school when they wrote the cd before fortress.

getting laid has to do with their image, obviously if theyre getting pussy they dont have a "gay" image

and the music isnt boring at all, fortress is a fun cd to listen to. eat my shit, alter

They are talented but maybe we just don't like them? Other people have weird ways of saying "I dislike this", they try to objectively insult/put down bands (such as Alter did I suppose, to an extent). Moving on...

I don't hear coherent song craft in their music but I guess they're talented on a technical level.

I can't stand them, personally.

They are talented but maybe we just don't like them? Other people have weird ways of saying "I dislike this", they try to objectively insult/put down bands (such as Alter did I suppose, to an extent). Moving on...

i understand that, but alter just likes to be an asshole to me :lol:

I didn't like them because of their singer at first but it grew on me after I saw them live for the first time last August. I saw them again a couple months ago and both shows were awesome. Really nice guys in the band, cept for maybe Rody (vocals) because he is basically an alcoholic and is drinking instead of talking to fans after shows...

Apart from that whoever says that the vocals are annoying as shit etc, get your metal vocal elitist head out of your ass. He has very good growls and screams and his vocal range on Kezia was probably better than any metal singer today. Sadly his range went down since Kezia but people grow up, considering he was only like 16 when they recorded Kezia.

didnt say he was best, said he was one of the best
he has tons of range, can pull off great growls and has a good scream. hes more well rounded than most vocalists and he can do it all good.

theyre not wormed heavy, but each album gets heavier

if you dont think their talented youre really ignorant, they were in fucking high school when they wrote the cd before fortress.

getting laid has to do with their image, obviously if theyre getting pussy they dont have a "gay" image

and the music isnt boring at all, fortress is a fun cd to listen to. eat my shit, alter

Writing an album based on only technical talent does not out way the craft of song writing.

The vocals are terrible, they are way to spazzy and random. Is it really necessary to have both emo vocals mixed with death growls?

Also, I checked out their myspace. How are they punk?

I was trying to debate how legit they are. V2kv responded fine and he offered a good response. Gold just does not know what hes talking about.

To me, hipsters are people who judge based on looks. ;)

Smartest thing in this thread so far.

I think Metal is a very diverse & large genre. These guys are Progressive or Technical MetalCore, which is still metal. They have a page over at M-A.

You don't necessarily have to put a band down if you don't like them. Saying something such as "I just hate them because their song structure sucks & their bass player wears eyeliner" is a immature, weak argument & sounds very invalid & stupid to me.

About song structure (for example), many bands have different song structures. I would think it was funny if anyone on this board only listened to bands with a certain song structure :p :lol: Actually, I can't think of a band that only uses one structure.