Protest the Hero

You're right, definitely. But negative opinions ARE allowed, so don't worry about it so much. Ignore haters if you are a fan and the haters will be in their own little world of hating, unless there is something substantial to argue about which is a pressing issue.

Writing an album based on only technical talent does not out way the craft of song writing.

The vocals are terrible, they are way to spazzy and random. Is it really necessary to have both emo vocals mixed with death growls?

Also, I checked out their myspace. How are they punk?

I was trying to debate how legit they are. V2kv responded fine and he offered a good response. Gold just does not know what hes talking about.

the songwriting isnt terrible. they just need to be longer

i like the vocals

their older material was more on the punk side than this

im done debating with you over protest the fucking hero

One of my favorite bands as of late. The newest album was a definate improvement in terms of technical playing, cool riffs and production and so on. The songs got noticably shorter and the music got even a bit more frenetic than it already was, and the vocals got more aggressive-sounding, but I liked the vocals from start to finish anyways. I also really dig their lyrics.

I love this band.

I know some guy was saying how he saw them at Warped tour and liked them...from what I've heard they were terrible at Warped tour, but the two times I saw them in Toronto (once in the Phoenix, once in the Opera House) they were pretty great. Anyone else see them?

the songwriting isnt terrible. they just need to be longer

i like the vocals

their older material was more on the punk side than this

im done debating with you over protest the fucking hero

No, it does not sound Punk. It ventures into metal-ish hardcore/screamo.

I am done here also.

I saw them live twice in Fredericton, NB and they were intense.
They were touring with a band named "The Holly Springs Disaster", check them out.