Prototype on the radio (sort of...)

metalprof

Ken Luther
Mar 11, 2005
Valparaiso, IN
faculty.valpo.edu
Just in case you guys like to hear about this sort of thing, Continuum was the featured CD this week on my radio show in Valparaiso. Show info and playlist:

Beauty in the Beast is a heavy metal radio show broadcast live on WVLP, 98.3FM, Valparaiso, IN every Wednesday from 10pm-midnight. The show is then rebroadcast the following Sunday at midnight. Power and progressive metal are the emphasis of the show.

Featured CD: Continuum, by Prototype

CD / TITLE / CD / LABEL

HOUR 1

Prototype / With Vision / Continuum / Nightmare Records
Bruce Dickinson / River of No Return / Tyranny of Souls / Sanctuary
Section A / Awakening / Parallel Lives / Lion Music
Arsis / Elegant and Perverse / A Celebration of Guilt / Willowtip Records
Dan Swano / The Big Sleep / Moontower / Black Mark
Pyramid / The Mastery of Flight / The Immaculate Lie / Locomotive
Prototype / Synthespian / Continuum / Nightmare Records
Galloglass / Dawn of a New Age / Heavenseeker / LMP
Twilightning / Delerium Veil / Delerium Veil / Spinefarm
DGM / Living on the Edge / Misplaced / Scarlet
Sonata Arctica / Ain't Your Fairytale / Reckoning Night / Nuclear Blast

HOUR 2

Cairo / Western Desert / Conflict & Dreams / Magna Carta
Megadeth / The Conjuring / Peace Sells But Who's Buying / Combat
Prototype / Cold Is This God / Continuum / Nightmare Records
Ayreon / Dawn of a Million Souls / Flight of the Migrator / Inside Out
Angra / Silence and Distance / Holy Land / LMP
Threshold / Opium / Subsurface / Inside Out
Thalion / Another Sun / Another Sun / Arise
Prototype / Transcendant Velocity / Continuum / Nightmare Records
--

The reason I wrote "sort of..." in the subject is that we had a storm that night and sometime during the first 20-40 minutes of the show, lightning took out our transmitter. Not physically, but it lost power and our connection was not re-established until the next day. (That Cairo track is 17 minutes long; I put it there so I could quickly drive to the transmitter to see if it was still standing!) But, our shows are recorded for rebroadcast, so I just kept on going as usual to record a full show. It will get rebroadcast this Sunday, and the next time I'm going to miss a live show, I'll just put this one in its place since it didn't get aired in its entirety on the first try.

I haven't listened enough to decide if I like Continuum more than Trinity or not. The title track on Trinity is still my favorite Prototype song, but the middle strech on Continuum from With Vision to Transcendant Velocity is a great 1-2-3 punch of songs and the rest of the CD ain't bad either :) Plus, it has the coolest cover art I've seen in a long time!

Cheers,

Ken