Psa-1, Impulse and CurveEq Tone Test

Teddyboy

Oct 6, 2008
Athens,Greece
www.facebook.com
A couple of days ago, I borrowed Psa-1 from a friend and did a very short recording test. I recorded Psa-1 directly through my Lexicon Lambda soundcard, using my Carvin guitar and Digitech Gnx3000 (just the Tubescreamer) in front of Psa-1.
I then used impulses and CurveEq.
Listen to it and tell me what you think. I will gladly listen to any of your suggestions. I'm practicing with it because I plan to use it in a future recording, combined/blended with my 6505+

http://rapidshare.com/files/151702755/Teddyboy_-_Disappear_Test.mp3

I own a psa too. That sounds pretty damn good, what was your chain which impulse and curve did you use? I think it could use a little more mids, but I'm diggin it Whoops just noticed it was a Metallica song so disreguard the mids comment

I was so bored so I just used the "Metallica" preset and changed only Preamp and Drive settings (2 and 11 o'clock). Quadtracked (100-80 L-R) and afterwards, I used CurveEq with "Mesa Dual Rectifier A1" curve in each guitar. I then used Boogex for impulses. The "100" guitars had "GuitarHack Edge Straight -20" and the "80" guitars had "GuitarHack Edge 45" impulse. Of course, I hi-low pass at 60 and 12000.
The guitar bus had C4 with Andy's settings and CurveEq with "In Flames - Claynan Guitar" curve.
That's it..

Yeah, as a Metallica song, only a few mids allowed!!

Have you used Psa1 for direct recording? Are you happy with it? If so, please tell me a few "tips" to make my future Psa1 recordings better..