Psalm of lydia

Rheinsberg

New Metal Member
Dec 2, 2007
Hello

I want to make a review in our English lessons about Nevermore and so i like to analyse one song.
Like you can read in the title i choose Psalm of Lydia , because i found two videos on youtube where jeff loomis show how to play this ( :OMG: ).
I think that you already found out , because of my grammare , that english is not my daily life language.
My problem now is that i don't know what Nevermore want to say with this song .Please can sb. help me by saying what the song is about?
Or can someone please give some links where i can find further nevermore guitar lessons ?

Please help :erk:

good luck getting help, form the band hahahaah WD is not dave mustaine who tlaks about anything on the planet and beyond and his works

i think we're also talking WALLS of bukkake here, too.

Here's a young jim shepard taking warrels "hot rod" for a ride

Steve-Perry-and-MP.jpg

The explanation behind the song, is what you make of it.
I do not know what it is about either, but i do have my own thoughts about it.

For me "Lydia" is not only a name or person but also a linguistic anagram for "Ideal".
She lets demons fade, slays them all!
Lydia is capable of turning her back to the black. After a fight, not by running away.
Not only in the song, the artwork of the cover shows this scene, too.
On the edge between life and death, black and white, positive and negative.
Ambivalence excists when there are different perspectives to see.
An ideal comes from such a place, Lydia ís in that place.
I.M.O. the most 'ideal' situation, it brings new perspectives and makes a person grow/learn,
when one interacts to the changing tides.
Lydia chose to fight and beat the 'demons' that surround such places.
The 'black unknown' gets a bit smaller that way, the 'absurdity of man' a bit more unveiled
and 'the allseeing worm' a bit more discovered.
A learning process 'if you view life as a mission', but that's another song ...
Lydia chooses to live and therefor, 'has so much more to see.'

There's much more going in on in the song, but this is what i get from it.
You could also try to empath with the way it has been written or sung to you, it's about a dream and he's telling you about it. Just try to find different aspects in the song then just the lyrics on itself and discover your own interpretations between the lines.
The intention behind the intonation of the words might reveal more to you, than just the lyrics.

Anyway, good luck on your review, you chose a tough song.
(not that there is an easier song to pick, all Nevermore songs are poetic riddles. :zombie:)

674.jpg