PT warm up gig (cambridge uk) - New material

If they didn't have gavin harrison, he wouldnt get away with any of his metal riffs (I actually think hes alright at writing riffs). Gavin just takes the riffs and gives them ballsacks, just like DC does for Tool.

That would be the greatest cubase program in the history of the universe. Gavin is my favorite drummer right now. I got his instructional DVD. That man can play anything and everything and his creativity is ridiculous. Listen to Orchidia and tell me that song has anything heavy without the drumming.

BurningSky said:
You think that adam jones' riffs would sound nearly as heavy without DC? Or do you not think that gavin does that for steve's riffs?

I agree. I've always thought that about Tool. The drumming "makes" the band for me.

I think SW writes good simple riffs, and with Gavin on the kit, they really sound good.

BurningSky said:
That would be the greatest cubase program in the history of the universe. Gavin is my favorite drummer right now. I got his instructional DVD. That man can play anything and everything and his creativity is ridiculous. Listen to Orchidia and tell me that song has anything heavy without the drumming.

Doesnt matter, Sounds totally sterile. Even on the dvd, which my friend has. Yeah, technically brilliant. Doesnt make it sound good though.

affinityband said:
Doesnt matter, Sounds totally sterile. Even on the dvd, which my friend has. Yeah, technically brilliant. Doesnt make it sound good though.

We're discussing Harrison, not Portnoy.