punchy snare: how to?

Pretty sure Clark Kent's the guitarist haha.
+1 to SPL Transient Designer, my go to plugin for snares. Tube tech pe 1c is also cool for some snare fattening.

It's more important to look cool and fly in the air than actually play guitar! Not the first time Clark Kent is flying... :lol:

It's a piccolo snare in that clip so it doesn't have a huge low end but I thought we were simply talking about punch.

We probably need better words to describe snare sounds. :D Seems like everyone is using the word "BIG" for describing the kind of snare sound they think is best. Some mean overall punch, some mean low end and some mean a snare with a long reverb. Some mean the combination of all these elements.

If you want a snare with a huge low end you'll have to buy one/use a sample of one. In Superior Drummer 2 I suggest using the Nir-Z snare for that low end. You simply can't EQ a high pitched snare to sound meaty. The low frequencies that you are boosting may get higher but they have no attack so it'll sound bad. Punch -> Transient Designer. Reverb... totally up to what people want but I suggest using proper plate reverbs.

To me that mix of yours sounds like the snare is good but other things are blocking it. Solo the snare track and start adding tracks one by one. You'll notice what track is blocking it... I can already tell you that it's the guitar and bass tracks so make room by EQing that frequency out.