Purgatory Afterglow dedicated to Kurt Cobain?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
I can't imagine Dan was influenced by that... (okay I won't call him names this time) guy.

Here is what I thought about why PA may have been dedicated to Cobain:

1. It was the idea of the other guys in EOS and they wanted to dedicate the CD to Cobain, and Dan had no say in this

2. It was meant in a sarcastic way, like "Glad you killed yourself" or something

3. They did dedicate the CD to seem cool at the time, after all how old were they when PA came out? 20? 21? LOL - I'm sure their musical vision has changed a lot over the years

Dan says one of his all time favourite bands is Giant, an 80's melodic HR/HM band, who I also love. When I listen to some Unicorn or Nightingale I do hear somewhat of an 80's thing in Dan's music, but I've never heard any grunge in his stuff before. I personally can't stand those Seattle scene bands and would be somewhat disappointed to learn Dan was getting his inspiration from Nirvana albums. Well yes his music sounds nothing like Nirvana, he has every right to be into it, but I honestly don't see how a band like EOS could seriously dedicate an album in memory of someone like Cobain instead of Hendrix, Mercury, Morrison or whatever.

I mean Cobain? Please.

I hope someone, or Dan himself, sheds light on this. Thanks.

Originally posted by mattcira
I remember seeing Dan compare one of his numerous side projects to Nirvana and Soundgarden... and it was about the same time that Purgatory came out.... who knows.

Yes.. Subway Mirror is what you're talking about, m'thinks. It's the only CD swano has performed on that I don't absolutely love. It's OK, but nothing spectacular.

Originally posted by Mezarkabul
2. It was meant in a sarcastic way, like "Glad you killed yourself" or something
You're sick.

And besides that, they can dedicate the album to whoever they want - why the hell do you have a problem with that? Are you unable to accept that a band you like dedicates one of their albums to a band that you hate?

Not a long time ago we has beer-party in karaoke-bar. So when I became plastered I tried to sing BS's Paranoid, then I listened to record at my place....Yes, my father was right when told me a while ago: Son, with your voice you're better yell "BUSYYY!!!" from the restr.
.......who gives a shit. I listen to Dan Swano but I yell "busy" from the restr......
Beep Beep :)

Fuck I don't care if they liked Nirvana or Cobain cause Purgatory ruled nonetheless.

But I still stand by what I said. Fuck Nirvana and it sucks to see the album dedicated to that asshole called Cobain. He was a joke and a fucking shitty musican in my opinion. Deal with it...

Then I can see it, Dan was like 20 at the time and he unfortunately felt like dedicating the record to Kurt "fucking selfish motherfucker" Cobain. Killing himself like that and leaving his son and everything else behind.

I will still not believe anything unless I hear directly from Dan: "Yes I like Nirvana and yes I wanted to dedicate the album to his memory."

Read the content of his message before acting like an asshole.

He said you were sick for suggesting that EoS dedicated it to Kurt Cobain as a joke. Which I rightly agree with.

It's also silly to argue about taste. You don't like them? Fine. Stop strutting around like an arrogant ass and accept many people like them, and for a reason.

Originally posted by Mezarkabul
Why? Because I hate Nirvana? Well fuck you! I have every right to think they were one of the shittiest bands of history!

I guess that since they created a Genre and were one of the most successful/inspirational bands of their era.... that makes them shitty, cuz you know, selling albums, thats a bad thing.... you must be totally underground and have tshirts with illegible logos to be "cool"....

whatever. Kurt Cobain was one of the best songwriters of his day, and anyone who commits suicide, that is a sad story, no matter who it is.

By "hating" Nirvana you have shown your outward ignorance towards musical merit. I hope to God that you don't actually play an instrument. If so, sell it and take up tennis.

@Mezarkabul - I respect the size of your balls, I'll give you that. Hehehe.

Without getting into detail or taking a position, I think a few people have over-reacted on this thread, including but not limiting Mezarkabul. I don't see any opinions here that are worth getting pissed over.

I like several Nirvana songs, though I don't own any of their cd's.

I love Nirvana, Pearl jam etc it`s just a matter of taste and I actually agree on Mezarkabuls view on suicide. "It`s a permanent solution on a temporary problem" But Kobain was filled with pain and experienced so much shit that I partly understand why he had to leave...

mattcira,

I'm not totally underground or whatever the fuck you think. I just say I fucking hate Nirvana and they were a joke. And yes they were a shitty band consisting of shitty musicians and it's really sad if Dan was ever inspired by them.

Originally posted by Ormir
Read the content of his message before acting like an asshole.

He said you were sick for suggesting that EoS dedicated it to Kurt Cobain as a joke. Which I rightly agree with.

It's also silly to argue about taste. You don't like them? Fine. Stop strutting around like an arrogant ass and accept many people like them, and for a reason.
And many people hate them, for a reason! Stop acting like Kurt's bitch and deal with the fact that my OPINION on him is this. Idiot.