Purgatory Afterglow dedicated to Kurt Cobain?

Originally posted by Mezarkabul
mattcira,

I'm not totally underground or whatever the fuck you think. I just say I fucking hate Nirvana and they were a joke. And yes they were a shitty band consisting of shitty musicians and it's really sad if Dan was ever inspired by them.

do you kiss your mom with that mouth?

Nirvana a joke? Pretty good joke then, they've sold something like 17 million albums (and counting) and have an innumerable ammount of fans. if you think Nirvana was comprised of "shitty" musicians, explain Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, etc...

once again, you have made evident your complete lack of musical knowledge and like I said, sell all your cds and stereo and take up tennis or maybe even bowling.

I never liked Nirvana but was respectful of their ability to write songs. Personally, I always thought Soundgarden was better. All of the people I went to highschool with that listened to Nirvana were the people who made fun of me for listening to Entombed and Carcass... so I honestly have a disliking for Nirvana fans... I just think its sooo funny that you are taking this seriously. I mean, c'mon, get over yourself already.

Has your band accomplished as much as Nirvana? No.

and I am glad you decided to end this debate. I was growing tired of the name-calling. That's pretty childish, considering I wasn't even serious. (Ormir isn't an idiot).

and for the record.... anyone who sells as many albums as Nirvana, is mostlikely doing something right.

haha, yea, Limp Bizkit, I guess you got me there... but, on the other hand... they are doing something right. While the music (if you can call it that) may not be academic or have any merit, they appeal to their fanbase and create what the fans want (or maybe even what the record company wants).

I never liked Nirvana because it wasnt my style, but Heart-shaped Box was a great song.

Whatever. Nothing I say should ever be taken seriously. Seriously!

I don't think Novelselic sucked, I think he certainly had many interesting basslines and a 'phat' and groovy style. His basslines were pretty heavy too, which is good.

If anything the most boring thing for me, in Nirvana, was Dave Grohl. His drumming was extremely simplistic and dull.

Besides that, great band. Cobain was a GOD of a songwriter, and the wealth of catchy riffs he conjured really is staggering. He wasn't a very good guitar player though. No ones perfect. ;)