Purgatory Records rant

jipchen

ForesterStudio
Nov 17, 2008
Munich, Germany
www.facebook.com
I could kill those fucking bastards at Purgatory Records.

I ordered a CD about 6 months ago and it came after 1,5 months !!
I payed with PayPal so they had my money immediately and shipping from the UK to Germany usually takes 3-5 days. But I could live with that.

THREE fucking months ago, I ordered two More Than Life - Love Let Me Go CDs from Purgatory Records.
They're obviously only available there, neither Amazon nor iTunes or any other Mailorder / CD shop has the CD (at least here).
I still have not recieved either the money or the CDs. I contacted those assholes after about one month and asked if they CDs were on their way.
This was the answer, (good english btw .. lol)
If you still don't recieved this in a few days, then back to us. I understand you have been waiting for a while but we state on the big cartel that orders will take us a little longer to dispatch, and the confirmation you recieve from paypal is about the order being processed and then your order can be posted a few days later after this confirmation.

If some reason it was unable to be delivered at your address then it will be returned to us, has all items do.
Ten days later, I wrote again. Answer:
No we have no information on the order because we don't send items as a recorded delivery.
Can you confirm that the address you provided on paypal is correct? If so we will post another for you.
So I told them that the adress was correct and that I already ordered and recieved a package from them anyway.
Got this:
I am sorry that you are disappointed, we had sent this item and I can only imagine that it has got lost in the post, but before I post this order again I do need you to confirm your address as the same has it stated on your paypal, to save yourself and myself any money.

We have to look into each delivery compliant due to some people just wanting to get shit for free

If you can confirm your address asap Ill get it the post for you straight away.

I do apoligise once again
This was written on 8th december. I didn't get any answers on my mails ever since.
I looked up "confirm paypal adress" and it's simple: You can't confirm your adress without a credit card in germany.
The other solution is only available for US accounts. I don't own a credit card and I will not get one for this fuckers.
So basically I don't get my money back and I don't get the CDs. And no answers of course.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Yeah :( I just have a feeling it's not worth seeing my lawyer because it's not that much money. But annoying as hell nevertheless.
The costs for the lawyer are probably 100x the price I paid for the CDs.
I contacted the band, hope they don't just delete my mail.

After threatening them with my lawyer, and posting on the bands official sites (also contacting the band directly), I finally got an answer.
They say that two packages were shipped (each with the two CDs) and obivously I recieved neither of them.. and normally they just get the packages back but this time the packages just magically disappeared. That's *very* strange.... until now I recieved every package / mail at this adress.
What the fuck are they doing wrong? They didn't even tell me they posted a second package.
I got the refund via PayPal. I'm glad it worked out, but I'd rather have the goddamn CDs... gonna buy them at a show in february, hehe

sounds like someone at one of the HUBs five fingered it (they are usually minimum wage jobs after all and usually high school dropouts). Happens a lot at least here, not sure how common theft is over there.

I've had a similar issue, not with the same company, but the same annoyances. Funnily enough, it was from Germany. 1-1! lol

It is the second time this has happened to me where I've gone to order something online and thought I was buying from England (One time was Amazon, and the other time it was some independent CD store based in the UK but apparently had it's stock in Germany).

Both times I was expecting swift deliveries. The Amazon item I ordered (which also came from Germany) took over 2 weeks to arrive. Of course I'm not saying it's Germany's fault, we know how efficient you guys are :) It's just the fact that no-one told me it was coming from another country which significantly adds to the waiting time.

The other item from some CD shop got lost in the post. Again, only once I'd checked the receipt did it show it was being sent out from another country. So I had to wait for another week in case it showed up. When it didn't I was sent a legally binding form to sign and swear that I had never received the CD and to scan and send back. Another few weeks later I finally received the CD.

I really think they should make it clear where the goods are coming from. I would never willingly buy something outside the UK unless I had absolutely no other choice.