Putting songs on a CD

kool98769

Mar 9, 2011
So, i'm supposed to release my bands demo tomorrow.
but i'm not positive how i should be putting them on CD. I remember reading that there was a certain program that I should be using to put the wav files on a CD so that they are compatible with everything, but I don't have the link anymore. If someone could hook me up with some knowledge, that would be sweeet!
If it matters, i'm using cubase 5, and will be using the CD drive on my computer to burn the disks.

Thanks in advance!

So, i'm supposed to release my bands demo tomorrow.
but i'm not positive how i should be putting them on CD. I remember reading that there was a certain program that I should be using to put the wav files on a CD so that they are compatible with everything, but I don't have the link anymore. If someone could hook me up with some knowledge, that would be sweeet!
If it matters, i'm using cubase 5, and will be using the CD drive on my computer to burn the disks.

Thanks in advance!

iTunes?

Itunes is great for this if you don't have mastering software. Just drag the songs into a playlist, and burn it to disk.

I have izotope? Do i just dither down to 16 bit and then just burn it onto a CD as a wave file? Will it still play on most CD players? I feel like it would be stupid to convert it to a 320 mp3 file, because if anyone puts it in their itunes they are just going to degrade it even farther

If its the same for you i use cubase 3- file-export audio mixdown (select .wav at 16bit format.. It will replay the song.. make sure you know where to find it select a destination where you will remember and then you can go to any CD burning program you have and it will burn

Check out Steinberg Wavelab, or Waveburner that comes with Logic Studio, its super handy for sorting your cd text, times in between tracks and all that jazz.

I think he's just talking about making sure the final CD is red book standard. iTunes, WMP, all those programs should be able to do this. I have no idea what bitrate they encode CD's at, would be worth googling.