RedBook CD authoring

AudioPhile777

Mathew Cohen
What program are we using to do this?

I know of CD Architect, which I used on my roommates computer, but I had trouble editing the clips to fade into each other correctly without sapping to the grid... even when the 'Snap to grid' button unclicked...

btw, PC, not Mac...

Also, any general tips would be great as the situation I'm dealing with now is that one track fades into another and they need to lineup seamlessly... and apparently the bounced audio tracks import with little gaps of space in the beginning and end... i.e. they don't line up 100% to the CD Architect grid...

I used CD Architect about 10 years ago with great success. What I do not understand is, that exactly the fades between tracks was the feature of CD Achitect that it did very very well... I don't remember a grid though and I have no clue what a grid should be for when assembling tracks to a whole CD (unless all tracks are at the the same BPM and the beat should stomp across the whole CD...). Sounds somehow silly, but: why don't you switch off the grid?

"Quantize to Frames" has to be off (Options menu). If you have a cd track associated with the clip, you also have to turn off "Lock Events and Tracks". CD Architect always snaps cd tracks to frames (75fps) so if you're dragging tracks and events together the tracks will snap to frames.

i use nero burning rom only, since a few years, works great,
when i´m doing crossfading in tracks, i import all the single songs (already mixed, mastered, finalized WAV Files) into a new cubase session, make the fades as the i want the have them, export as WAV, 16BIT, Stereo, 44.1KHZ, open up the new "master.wav" in adobe audition and set track marks. Save the File,
Then i create a new nero session for audio CD, import the master.wav, go to edit "split / slice on each mark), mark all the tracks, change the gap to 0sec,
finished,

after burning double check on a few cd players if everything is working fine.

i dont trust any cd-burning program for editing purposes (fading), i´m unsure that they probably screw up anyhting in the audio, maybe i´m totally wrong and it is just my insecurness about it.

good luck
exoslime