Software, Burning CD master ?

I bought Peak Pro a while ago when V4 came out. I think it's rubbish. Totally unstable, crashes very often, has bugs, the fades are not very accurate, and always had problem with track markers where there's no gap between songs... I don't know if these issues have been fixed, but I hated it.

I'm using jam (just to put the album together and burn). works fine, pretty basic, but does the job right... the zoom tool is very annoying.

I'm going samplitude soon.

ancent history Gomez... i'm using 5 now and it's very stable and i can put markers anywhere i choose, there's no issue at all with gapless X-fades and placing track markers during them... you can do pre-gaps now as well. i hated Peak at first, but it's been very good to me. my only complaint is the very generic way in which it exports TOC and subcode data for generating PQ sheets... i have to format it using "Convert to Table" in Word... pain in the ass. Otherwise it's a fantastic app, and i prefer it over both WaveBurner (the versions i've used in the past anyway), and Samplitude, which i used from 2003 to 2005.

Is there any free software that can hold it's own? I simply need the ability for track markers, and those embedded track titles to make a red book image. No need for any processing of the actual audio file.

ancent history Gomez... i'm using 5 now and it's very stable and i can put markers anywhere i choose, there's no issue at all with gapless X-fades and placing track markers during them... you can do pre-gaps now as well. i hated Peak at first, but it's been very good to me. my only complaint is the very generic way in which it exports TOC and subcode data for generating PQ sheets... i have to format it using "Convert to Table" in Word... pain in the ass. Otherwise it's a fantastic app, and i prefer it over both WaveBurner (the versions i've used in the past anyway), and Samplitude, which i used from 2003 to 2005.

Hmmm. Interesting. Maybe I should check it out. I really like the interface and the basic functionality of it. It is quick.

I like the PQ sheets in Jam, very neat.

I used Samplitude at a friend's mastering suite in Old Street, London, and I was impressed with it... I have heard that PMCD is good (mac) but I have never used it. Have you?

i use no plug ins at all during the compling stage. it's all done with by the time i'm burning the Red Book compliant discs.

This is what I do as well, but I was thinking CD Architect allowed VST use?

Maybe I was using DirectX versions of the VST's I commonly use...It's been so long since I used it, I don't remember. I did mess with plugins at one point using CD Architect, but I found it easier to just use it for compiling/track sequencing, markers and burning.

My last few projects have been simple demos, and they just take CD-R's...