Queensryche: Operation Mindcrime CONCERT & PHOTOS!

Bacchante

The Dreaming Mind
Mar 14, 2004
WHEE!
Hello everyone! :wave:
We finally went to the Queensryche concert at Konocti on friday!
Here are ze pictures:
(they're in a backwards order, btw)
http://photobucket.com/albums/v148/Bacchante/QUEENSRYCHE/

Goodness me! It was so good, it made my heart bleed.
:oops:
They played all of the old favorites during the first half of the show (Jet city woman, silent lucidity, take hold of the flame..), and the second half was the Operation Mindcrime act. It was very theatrical, which was awesome. They did an amazing job at synching up the music with images and words flashing across these three plasma screens on the walls. Some parts of it were a little corny, but I was still blown away.

woot, I still feel like a puddle of goo after that concert.
Geoff Tate's voice is positively orgasmic.

Oh yea, they also played Porcupine Tree as the pre-concert song...which was really random..I didn't think many people knew they existed :p

Anyway, Queensryche was great, and I thought I would share my little experience with everyone :)
I failed at getting any signatures or meeting the band members, but thats to be expected. I'm always wondering if I'll ever meet any of the people I admire...hmm
maybe I'll have to show some boobies. :p

They don't play any of the new stuff live. At the end of the show they just play one new song over the PA, which I wasn't hugely impressed by. But hey, that's me. I was also generally pissed 'cause at the show I saw, the first set was lame (Yes, 4 empire songs, but except for The Whisper, which Geoff can't sing anymore, it was all from HiTNF, Q2K and Tribe) and Geoff just gave the hell up on a lot of the high notes in Mindcrime. He was great for some of it, but generally he's not 100% what he used to be. Its my fault for going in expecting them to prove me wrong that they've lost their relevance, but no, its long gone. Maybe if they hired a GOOD second guitarist. The new guy is passable but he's just nothing to write home about.