Operation Mindcrime 2 ( lame )

Jul 14, 2002
Stratford, CT
Visit site
Well, they have officially ruined the band.
Yes it's true Queensryche is currently working on material for Operation Mindcrime part 2.

One of the worst ideas in the history of bad ideas.

The band will be performing ALL of operation mindcrime on their new tour with Pamela Moore and several " performers " portraying parts.
During the new tour they will preview songs from this supposed sequel.

I for one think it is a very bad move and only goes to show that they are out of ideas. I never thought I would see this day.

discuss...

This seems like a really, REALLY bad idea. The Mindcrime II part, anyway...I'm up for seeing the whole thing live, once they get some CA tourdates.

But yeah, if I were Queensrÿche, I wouldn't touch Mindcrime with a ten-foot pole. It's the one thing (well, besides the EP, but that's just me) that NOBODY can take away from them, and it would be a travesty to tarnish it with an ill-conceived sequel. So unless the band knows something I don't (like how to write an awesome metal album), this looks like one of the all-time Incredibly Bad Ideas.

QR of 2004--2005 cannot possibly make a sequel to Mindcrime that's quality. I don't see this as anything good, I really don't think they can pull it off with passion or conviction.

Beyond that, Mindcrime is not even close to my favorite material from them.

I'm optimistic about it. They have been thinking about this for quite a while so they probably have a good story thought up.

But if this sucks, this is basically the end of queensryche.