Queensryche

Fangface said:
Here's my Queensryche's top albums :)

1/ Operation Mindcrime
2/ Rage for Order
3/ The Warning
4/ Empire
5/ Promised Land
6/ Hear in the New Frontier / Q2K / Tribe (I like 2 songs off each one...)
Hey--that's the order I would've put them in, too. Good job! :loco:

:Smokin:

I saw the Ryche last Summer, and (other than DeGarmo not being there (Stone was very good (a zillion times better than Kelly Gray))) it was honestly one of the best performances I've seen from them. They played alot of more rockin' stuff (no acoustic set), including "Walk In The Shadows" and "NM156"!
It was such a good show, that it actually disappointed me, yet again with QR. From watching them live, I can see that they still have what it takes to be a great, heavy band, but for some reason, they don't put that into any recordings.
Their 80s era stuff is my favorite, but I do like some of all of their albums (except Q2K, only 1 tune off of that). I think parts of Tribe are very good, and a step in the right direction. It just lacks a few things, like moe riffing, and solos! What happened to their leads?!

I don't like the "adult contemporary" type songs that they seem to keep trying to push across. Put them on your solo albums Geoff! I do think Wilton still has the metal spirit, but I guess he doesn't want to force it into QR. I'm looking forward to hearing his side band's (Soulbender) debut album, out on June 8th. Maybe we'll see what type of music he really wants to play.

So after seeing how great they still are live, I still love the band, and I truly believe they can put out a great metal album. I've seen Tate say they don't want to do another Mindcrime, because that's repetitive. That's fine. It doesn't have to be Mindcrime Part 2. But it can still be in a heavier direction. I mean Mindcrime, RFO, and Warning (my personal favorite QR album) were all "heavy", and they sound nothing alike.

Here's hoping they'll put their metal abilities on to a few more albums!

Billy A

Fangface said:
Here's my Queensryche's top albums :)

1/ Operation Mindcrime
2/ Rage for Order
3/ The Warning
4/ Empire
5/ Promised Land
6/ Hear in the New Frontier / Q2K / Tribe (I like 2 songs off each one...)

What about the EP ? I actually put it in thrid place behind O:M and RFO.

Bryant

WIntersReflection said:
My fav list would go

Mindcrime
Rage
The Warning
Promised Land
Tribe
EP
Q2K
The EP that low ? Well I was lucky or unlucky enough (whichever way you want to look at it) that the EP was my first QR release. That doesn't mean it has "sentimental value" but that it didn't sound dated at all and was very new and fresh when I first heard it. I still like it, in fact.

Bryant

I can see that but I just don't feel that it is, with the exception of the Lady Wore Black, comparable with the rest of their music. :)

Bryant said:
The EP that low ? Well I was lucky or unlucky enough (whichever way you want to look at it) that the EP was my first QR release. That doesn't mean it has "sentimental value" but that it didn't sound dated at all and was very new and fresh when I first heard it. I still like it, in fact.

Bryant

The EP has "Queen of the Reich" one of my favorite songs ever, "Nightrider" and "Prophecy" are also pretty cool, I'm not too hot for the other songs though.

This is how I rate my Queensrÿche albums...

1.Promised Land
2.Operation:Mindcrime
3.Rage For Order
4.Empire
6.The Warning
7.Tribe
8.Hear In The Now Frontier
9.Q2K

As you can see I've only stated full length albums. EP has two classics(Queen of the Reich and Lady Wore Black), rest is less memorable. For me(and for many other) Queensrÿche lost their way after Promised Land. Tribe is their best effort since Promised Land but that isn't so much.

Talking about Queensryche on the TM forum, I've always thought that both bands have these beautiful backing vocals harmonies in common, and a similar talent for eerie emotions, even though they're 2 completely different bands and singers.
Example from Modus Vivendi : "Afraid to Die". Don't you think so? :)