Charts this week (Queensryche, Symphony X)

Aug 14, 2008
4 QUEENSRYCHE – DEDICATED TO CHAOS
Last week: 8,209 (debut)

29 SYMPHONY X – ICONOCLAST
Last week: 2,581
Cume: 9,984

Not to be a face-rubber, but I kind of wish Tenth Dreamer Deceiver was here still so he could see that Symphony X outsold Queensryche's debut first week number in two weeks, and that Queensryche only sold 1,000 records more first week than Symphony X. I am not sure how Roadrunner feels about this number, but I doubt they are all that excited for a band with platinum and gold awards in their past to be almost beat out by some Medieval Times patrons from New Jersey. Seems like QR's fans are in decline and SX's fans are at an incline. Interesting to see what happens to SX in the coming months.

Oh and Limp Bizkit debuted at 27,000 units this week if anyone cares.

And also of note:

14 IN FLAMES – SOUNDS OF A PLAYGROUND FADING
Last week: 4,453
Cume: 18,557

This is In Flames' second week on the charts and I think personally that this number is awful. The last two albums did way more, but hopefully it will pick up slack when they hit Mayhem Fest in a few weeks/days.

128766759330766712.jpg

I can't belive there are still 8209 people who blind buy Queensryche CD's (cuz they obviously didn't preview it!) :lol:

I'm proud of the Symphony X gents... I'm sure they are ecstatic with a nearly 300% increase over their first week sales. Here's to hoping they get a similar increase when next week's numbers are announced!

I can't belive there are still 8209 people who blind buy Queensryche CD's (cuz they obviously didn't preview it!) :lol:

I'm proud of the Symphony X gents... I'm sure they are ecstatic with a nearly 300% increase over their first week sales. Here's to hoping they get a similar increase when next week's numbers are announced!

Well actually no, it's like a 70% decrease from first week's sales. First week it did 7,300, and last week it sold an extra 2,000 units. Still REALLY good.