SYMPHONY X: NEW SONG AVAILABLE FOR STREAMING

one of my journalist friends who heard the album says that there's a doomy sabbath/candlemass like track on the record.
yeah obviously :) ...anyway , that 's what i thought after hearing the new songs ( the live songs and this one ) and i am really excited about it :kickass: ....i doubt that many people will like this new direction though ...

Dehumanized is streaming on Soundcloud. Very metal. Metal metal metal. Out of everything I have heard, this one sounds the most like it's from PL. Russ is definitely going for it.

http://soundcloud.com/nuclearblastrecords/symphony-x-dehumanized

Don't like this one as much...but there is something about it that I enjoy. Great solo section, and the song is groovy. But for those of you that don't like Russ in his gritty metal mode...you probably won't like this. In fact, this is probably the most metal song I have ever heard them do.

Dehumanized is streaming on Soundcloud. Very metal. Metal metal metal. Out of everything I have heard, this one sounds the most like it's from PL. Russ is definitely going for it.

http://soundcloud.com/nuclearblastrecords/symphony-x-dehumanized

Don't like this one as much...but there is something about it that I enjoy. Great solo section, and the song is groovy. But for those of you that don't like Russ in his gritty metal mode...you probably won't like this. In fact, this is probably the most metal song I have ever heard them do.

I like the heaviness and the riffing, but not so much the way the song is put together at some points.

Starting around 4:07, you can hear that little signature Dream Theater thing (not sure how to describe it, my vocabulary sucks) behind the riff, but it's low in the mix. Appears again at the fade-out.

Sounds a bit like Paradise Lost indeed. In my opinion it's better than most off that album, though. Instrumentally it's very catchy, and the chorus as a whole too.

How this is generic power metal I have no idea. This is more progressive than End of Innocence, definitely. It actually reminds me of something that would have been on The Odyssey, like Wicked perhaps. It also has that awesome panning clean guitar during the solo like in the Champion of Ithaca section of The Odyssey.

Symphony X will never be generic. As it happened with The Odyssey and Paradise lost, at first i didnt enjoy right away the songs and even felt a bit dissapointed, but one thing i have learned about good music is that u have to give it a chance to grow on you. By the 10th time that i listened to either Inferno, Wicked, Serpent´s kiss, domination, etc i found that those songs were actually pretty amazing and fell in love with em only weeks after.

Same thing happened to End of Innocence, and i bet the same thing will happen with this one and the whole CD, there are just some songs that your brain isnt prepared for, you arent expecting it, but when u get used to the rythms and melodies, thats when u discover a true gem.

I meant generic in the sense that they now sound like any other (albeit incredibly talented) metal band. The elements that made them 'Symphony' X are not present in the two songs released. And the goofy gravelly screaming. I mean ... really? Russell has an amazing voice when he actually sings. I guess the screaming stuff is what kids want these days, but I prefer singing, myself. Very sad transition for what used to be a unique band. Yes, multiple listens helps you pick out nuances that you might not have initially heard, but there has to at least be something there to make you even want to listen again and again (I've always said that I could get used to eating cat food if I ate it every day, but I'm not running out to buy an Tender Vittles any time soon). PL, and the two new songs have nothing to make me want to put in the time or effort.

This song is definitely not a generic power metal song imo, more like a groovy progressive song to my ears. LOVE the solo in this one. Still like End of Innocence better (mainly due to Russell having a cleaner voice compared to Dehumanized) but this is still decent. Really looking forward to the longer songs on the album.

Hmm. Live version was better imo, slightly faster tempo. This album version sounds less thrashy and more heavy metal. I'm really hoping there's one or two thrashy songs on the album, something like Inferno/King of Terrors. Wasn't atleast Heretic supposed to be faster/heavier than these two that have been released?

personally like the little nuances in the song here, therefore preferring studio version. Definitely feels a lot less "flat" than the live version IMO, well at least considering I haven't seen it actually in person.

Well...I love it! Hooray! :D
The song is called Dehumanised, as in less than human.. duh, which in my opinion completely calls for gritty vocals. I think I would actually find it quite strange if the vocals were clean.
What is it with the lyrics, by the way? I'm not getting half of what he's singing :(

The only thing that bothered me when I opened the website was how much the sound-thingy looks like a penis.. I mean, seriously... :rolleyes: :lol:

dehumanized sucked the big one, but that other song was good.

EDIT: and that's coming from someone with Epica in his last.fm signature. ROFL. just because they follow Enya in my playlist -_-

Awesome song. The solo is brilliant, and I think it is has a great and unique groove. I guess if you don't like the heavier direction, then you will whine about it. I think it kicked ass, and this cd is shaping up to be one of their best IMHO.