Another New Song Available for Streaming

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
“Dehumanized,” a new track off of the upcoming SYMPHONY X album Iconoclast, is now available for streaming on the band’s Facebook page.

SYMPHONY X’s digital single will go on sale on May 3rd; details will soon be announced. Iconoclast is SYMPHONY X’s eighth studio album and will be available in Europe on June 17th, in North America on June 21st, and in Japan on June 22nd.

Illustrator and film concept artist Warren Flanagan (Watchmen, The Incredible Hulk, 2012) is the talent behind the artwork for the digital single and the album. Iconoclast is the follow-up to 2007’s Paradise Lost, which has sold over 60,000 copies in North America.

SYMPHONY X are six shows into their North American headlining tour with Boston‘s Powerglove and Montreal’s Blackguard. The band have performed several songs from the new album in Europe and are playing an extended set for their American and Canadian fans. They play Peabody’s in Cleveland tonight. Remaining tour dates for are as follows:

04/29/11 Peabody’s – Cleveland, OH
04/30/11 Blondie’s – Detroit, MI
05/01/11 Bottom Lounge – Chicago, IL
05/02/11 Station 4 – St. Paul, MN
05/04/11 Ogden Theatre – Denver, CO
05/06/11 Showbox – Seattle, WA
05/07/11 Hawthorne Theatre – Portland, OR
05/08/11 The Grand Ballroom – San Francisco, CA
05/10/11 House of Blues – West Hollywood, CA
05/11/11 Marquee Theatre – Tempe, AZ
05/13/11 Trees – Dallas, TX
05/14/11 Scout Bar – Houston, TX
05/15/11 Backstage Live – San Antonio, TX
05/17/11 The Club at Firestone – Orlando, FL
05/18/11 Culture Room – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
05/19/11 The Masquerade – Atlanta, GA
05/20/11 Volume 11 – Raleigh, NC
05/21/11 Tremont Music Hall – Charlotte, NC
05/22/11 Jaxx – W. Springfield, VA

The track listing for the jewel-cased version of Iconoclast is:

01. Iconoclast
02. The End Of Innocence
03. Dehumanized
04. Bastards Of The Machine
05. Heretic
06. Children Of A Faceless God
07. Electric Messiah
08. Prometheus (I Am Alive)
09. When All Is Lost

The track listing for the 2-CD Special Edition digi-pak version of Iconoclast – which is currently available for pre-order on [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Iconoclast-Deluxe-Symphony-X/dp/B004WPYNY8/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1304043820&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com[/ame] - is:

CD 1:
01. Iconoclast
02. The End Of Innocence
03. Dehumanized
04. Bastards Of The Machine
05. Heretic
06. Children Of A Faceless God
07. When All Is Lost

CD 2:
01. Electric Messiah
02. Prometheus (I Am Alive)
03. Light Up The Night
04. The Lords Of Chaos
05. Reign In Madness

Visit SYMPHONY X online at www.SYMPHONYX.com, www.facebook.com/SYMPHONYX, www.myspace.com/OFFICIALSYMPHONYX, and twitter.com/SYMPHONYX.

I'm surprised. I'm REALLY digging this song. I wasn't too keen when I heard the live version but this song slays.
I wasn't huge on PL or Russels gritty vocals but I love the heaviness and groove of this song. Yes it's heavy like PL but has a COMPLETELY different vibe and atmosphere to my ears.
Russ has some how managed to keep that harsh grittiness in his delivery but still keeps the melody in the vocal lines, much better executed than on any PL song.
Mike's solo is amazing, I really like what he did with this song.
The whole song has a Black Sabbath 'Dehumanizer' kind of vibe to it in the riffing and definately in the vocals, whether that was intentional or not I love it.
I like the mechanical diminished(maybe?) guitar stabs at around 4:10, I think they may have made an appearance on End Of innocence as well, could be a running thing throughout the songs to add a mechanical edge.
This has given me hope that while the album may not be as melodic as I'm hoping it at least will have some atmospheric qualities that PL didn't. digging it more than the End Of Innocence. Excitment for Iconoclast re-ignited.

I wish the keyboards were more audible in the pre-chorus; you can't really even hear the cool piano line that P plays live. MJR's solo is fantastic, though - I'm liking this one better than End of Innocence by far.

Symphony X can do a lot better than this. I also like the live version better, how its all slow : )

I apologize if this has been asked & answered elsewhere, but are some of the songs on the Special Edition longer than the regular version? I ask because of the way the first CD on the special edition has a different running order, and several songs are pushed to the second disc.

I'm really looking forward to this one, and to seeing them at Jaxx in a couple weeks.

I'm trying to pre-order the Iconoclast Deluxe edition on the Amazon.co.uk site and I'm not sure if it's the same thing as on the Amazon.com site... There is no picture, it doesn't say Deluxe edition but: "Iconoclast (Limited) [Limited Edition]" and it says it's going to be released on the 20th of June...hmmm
Is this the same thing??

can you comfirm this for the UK site as well?

Me..? And what do you mean? The Amazon UK site? That's the one I'm talking about. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you :(

edit: Jaaax! Is the Deluxe edition and the Limited edition on the Amazon UK site the same thing??

I'm surprised. I'm REALLY digging this song. I wasn't too keen when I heard the live version but this song slays.
I wasn't huge on PL or Russels gritty vocals but I love the heaviness and groove of this song. Yes it's heavy like PL but has a COMPLETELY different vibe and atmosphere to my ears.
Russ has some how managed to keep that harsh grittiness in his delivery but still keeps the melody in the vocal lines, much better executed than on any PL song.
Mike's solo is amazing, I really like what he did with this song.
The whole song has a Black Sabbath 'Dehumanizer' kind of vibe to it in the riffing and definately in the vocals, whether that was intentional or not I love it.
I like the mechanical diminished(maybe?) guitar stabs at around 4:10, I think they may have made an appearance on End Of innocence as well, could be a running thing throughout the songs to add a mechanical edge.
This has given me hope that while the album may not be as melodic as I'm hoping it at least will have some atmospheric qualities that PL didn't. digging it more than the End Of Innocence. Excitment for Iconoclast re-ignited.

My thoughts exactly. First notion when hearing the live version was 'it's a fast-paced PL-style song, probably in the same manner as Domination', which I for the record ain't too fond of.

But hearing the studio version was refreshing. The pre-chorus is great, and the refrain rather catchy. Though, it's the interlude/solo part which makes the song for me.

The guitar stabs you mention are really cool, and definitely add an mechanical edge; makes me think of creatures in a factory hammering on steel, as in building machines or something.

I love when the solo breaks down; Romeo's signature tapping( I think it's some sort of tapping, maybe with vibrato?) over the pre-chorus rhytm, typically modulating up a minor 3rd before it goes over to some astonishing melodic guitar lines, with the main riff and the ongoing guitar(?) sounds in the background. Brilliant.