SYMPHONY X: NEW SONG AVAILABLE FOR STREAMING

I'm willing to bet a large sum that this was the leftover song from the PL sessions that someone in the band told me about. The one positive is that I like it better than A Serpent's Kiss. But otherwise it is pretty sub-standard for SX. The chorus is pretty awful and the keys once again are lost on the listener. Production on the main riff is an improvement but the way this song ends is really rather weak.

If it doesn't get any worse than this, then there is still hope for this album yet.

The elements that made them 'Symphony' X are not present in the two songs released.

Well, it's still pretty clearly Romeo soloing and Rullo drumming. And parts of End of Innocence would be lambasted as SX-cloning if any other band released it. So I think this is exaggerating a bit.

someone posted this at some place here that I don´t remember...

Dehumanized

Tear the vein, inject my brain
And let the poison flow
Torn apart, you're ripping out my heart
It's ?
Bring out the switch, you son of a bitch
I'll ? broke in two
You take control and resurrect my soul
Then call it something new

What's done is done
I'm dead inside
I'm what you've all become
Mindless and mesmerized
Dehumanized

I'm dehumanized
Don't you realize?
I'm dehumanized
Oh, and victimized
You can't break me
You unmake me
Dehumanized

Ripped to shreds, the venom spreads
Release the system plague
Shed skin, electrified within
? the final stake
I will break my shell and unleash hell
There's nothing you can do
Just to ? this sacred new blood
Becoming something new

What's done is done
I'm dead inside
Mindless and mesmerized
Dehumanized

I'm dehumanized
Don't you realize?
I'm dehumanized
Enslaved and victimized
You can't break me
You unmake me
Dehumanized

?

Is this life worth the question "why?"
Or is this life just a lie?
'Cause my eyes are cold and ?
And I don't know what the hell I ?

*guitar solo*

I'm dehumanized
Don't you realize?
We're all dehumanized
Enslaved and victimized
You can't break us
No, you unmake us
We have all become dehumanized

So... I´m from Brazil, I´ll not try to complete this...
but some words I found =P

someone do the dirt work
haha

Maybe he was drunk then hahaha :D
Otherwise the statement could possibly be attributed to his "advancing age" as someone on this forum mentioned earlier :lol:

Wow, if he's advanced, then I'm freaking ancient. :lol:

By the way, I have always wondered and I haven't seen the answer to this before; what is your name and why are you "Jax"?:)

(Sorry for spamming a thread once again!)

I've gone by 'Jax' for about 15 years now; VERY few people call me by my given name anymore, so Jax it is. :)

This dehumanized tune seems to get better on each listen, but I still want my thrash prog song ;< More squirming heavy prog riffs, more speed, more power, more gravel! It's good that there's still a small bit with a cleaner vocal style tho, like in this song.

I don't know what to tell you - if I heard this blinded I would immediately know it was Symphony X.
I guess he's saying that the band's name is misleading or something... dunno. Probably doesn't make much sense to anyone. Only thing I could come up with is "aww".

As for "epic symphonic" music, wouldn't that describe Dutch female-fronted bands better? Epica/Within Temptation/Delain? Or like.. Nightwish, which is not dutch, but anyways. Or Rhapsody and some other "epic symphonic" powermetal acts.

dehumanized sucked the big one, but that other song was good.

EDIT: and that's coming from someone with Epica in his last.fm signature. ROFL. just because they follow Enya in my playlist -_-
Actually some Epica songs are pretty hardcore ;D Martyr of the Free World! That's a song that I actually like up to some degree. And Simone is really fucking hot, which actually arouses most of my interest towards the band.

Simone is really fucking hot, which actually arouses most of my interest towards the band.

That's original. I never heard a male Epica listener say that before.

Oh, and the band is definitely NOT deliberately trying to take advantage of that effect she has.

That's original. I never heard a male Epica listener say that before.

Oh, and the band is definitely NOT deliberately trying to take advantage of that effect she has.
Yup :) I wonder how aroused my interest will be if I go to Tuska Metal Festival in July where they'll be playing on saturday.

Let's remember that they're on a larger label than ever, & the label is calling a LOT of the shots right now, including which songs are released. Of course they're going to choose the songs that have the most broad appeal to their audience (NB = metal label).. that doesn't mean the whole cd is like that. Have patience and faith, folks; two songs does not a cd make. :)

Let's remember that they're on a larger label than ever, & the label is calling a LOT of the shots right now, including which songs are released. Of course they're going to choose the songs that have the most broad appeal to their audience (NB = metal label).. that doesn't mean the whole cd is like that. Have patience and faith, folks; two songs does not a cd make. :)

And people laughed at me when I pitched the idea that moving to Nuclear Blast would affect their output.

I doubt it affected the music they made, maybe just which ones were released as singles. And to be honest they probably are better off releasing their most straight forward metal songs as singles.

I like the riff and solo of Dehumanized. But I think the album will be made or broken by the best songs from it, and I doubt these songs are them. Give me the weakest tracks from Divine Wings Of Tragedy or The Odyssey and I wouldn't be any more impressed than I am with these ones (in fact probably less so). Give me the title tracks though and you've got the best songs they've ever done.

Is NB calling the shots for the setlist too? Would kind of make sense since half of it is from their biggest album so far...

Starting around 4:07, you can hear that little signature Dream Theater thing (not sure how to describe it, my vocabulary sucks) behind the riff, but it's low in the mix. Appears again at the fade-out.

Are you referring to the keyboard hitting the diminished chord? I'm not quite sure how that's a "signature Dream Theater thing."

Anyway, here's what I hear lyrically:

-----

Tear the vein, inject my brain
And let the poison flow
Torn apart, you're ripping out my heart
It's painless, let it go
Come on, hit the switch, you son of a bitch
I'll devour?, broke in two
You take control and resurrect my soul
Becoming something new

What's done is done
I'm dead inside
Mindless and mesmerized
Dehumanized

I'm dehumanized
Don't you realize?
I'm dehumanized
Oh, and victimized
You can't break me
You unmake me
Dehumanized

Ripped to shreds, the venom spreads
Release the system plague
Shed your skin, electrified within
Complete the final stake
I will break my shell and unleash hell
There's nothing you can do
Just a cut above this sacred new blood
Becoming something new

What's done is done
I'm dead inside
Mindless and mesmerized
Dehumanized

I'm dehumanized
Don't you realize?
I'm dehumanized
Oh, and victimized
You can't break me
You unmake me
Dehumanized

What you've all become

Is this life worth the question "why?"
Or is this life just a lie?
'Cause my eyes are cold and numb
And I don't know what the hell I've become

I'm dehumanized
Don't you realize?
We're all dehumanized
Enslaved and victimized
You can't break us
No, you can't unmake us
We have all become dehumanized

-----

I'm still getting used to the much slower tempo, the low volume of the piano during the pre-chorus, the rhythm guitars under the solo, and the fade-out ending. Thoughts?

Is NB calling the shots for the setlist too? Would kind of make sense since half of it is from their biggest album so far...

I'm not quite sure if the label has any say as to what material the band plays live. I would doubt it, though.

The album is gonna :headbang:, there is no doubt about that!

I wonder about something... A band usually makes more songs than those which are chosen to be on any given album, right? What happens to the songs that are left over? Fan club CD mayhaps? :D

Or are there Symphony X songs out there somewhere in the world destined not to receive any love? :(