SYMPHONY X: NEW SONG AVAILABLE FOR STREAMING

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
“The End Of Innocence,” a track off the new SYMPHONY X album Iconoclast, is now available for streaming on the band’s Facebook page (click the BandPage tab on the left side of the FB page to access streaming songs).

Iconoclast is SYMPHONY X’s eighth studio album and will be available in Europe on June 17th and in North America on June 21st. Illustrator and film concept artist Warren Flanagan (Watchmen, The Incredible Hulk, 2012) is the talent behind the album artwork. The new album is also the band’s Nuclear Blast debut and the follow-up to 2007’s Paradise Lost, which has sold over 60,000 copies in North America.

SYMPHONY X just launched their North American headlining tour yesterday in Philadelphia with Boston‘s Powerglove and Montreal’s Blackguard. SYMPHONY X performed several songs from the new album in Europe and will be playing an extended set for their American and Canadian fans. Tour dates for are as follows:

04/21/11 The Trocadero – Philadelphia, PA
04/22/11 Best Buy Theatre – New York, NY
04/23/11 The Palladium – Worcester, MA
04/25/11 Metropolis – Montreal, QC – CANADA
04/26/11 Salle Albert Rosseau – Quebec City, QC – CANADA
04/27/11 The Opera House – Toronto, ON – CANADA
04/29/11 Peabody’s – Cleveland, OH
04/30/11 Blondie’s – Detroit, MI
05/01/11 Bottom Lounge – Chicago, IL
05/02/11 Station 4 – St. Paul, MN
05/04/11 Ogden Theatre – Denver, CO
05/06/11 Showbox – Seattle, WA
05/07/11 Hawthorne Theatre – Portland, OR
05/08/11 The Grand Ballroom – San Francisco, CA
05/10/11 House of Blues – West Hollywood, CA
05/11/11 Marquee Theatre – Tempe, AZ
05/13/11 Trees – Dallas, TX
05/14/11 Scout Bar – Houston, TX
05/15/11 Backstage Live – San Antonio, TX
05/17/11 The Club at Firestone – Orlando, FL
05/18/11 Culture Room – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
05/19/11 The Masquerade – Atlanta, GA
05/20/11 Volume 11 – Raleigh, NC
05/21/11 Tremont Music Hall – Charlotte, NC
05/22/11 Jaxx – W. Springfield, VA

The track listing for the jewel-cased version of Iconoclast is:

01. Iconoclast
02. The End Of Innocence
03. Dehumanized
04. Bastards Of The Machine
05. Heretic
06. Children Of A Faceless God
07. Electric Messiah
08. Prometheus (I Am Alive)
09. When All Is Lost

The track listing for the 2-CD Special Edition digi-pak version of Iconoclast is:

CD 1:
01. Iconoclast
02. The End Of Innocence
03. Dehumanized
04. Bastards Of The Machine
05. Heretic
06. Children Of A Faceless God
07. When All Is Lost

CD 2:
01. Electric Messiah
02. Prometheus (I Am Alive)
03. Light Up The Night
04. The Lords Of Chaos
05. Reign In Madness

Visit SYMPHONY X online at www.SYMPHONYX.com, www.facebook.com/SYMPHONYX, www.myspace.com/OFFICIALSYMPHONYX, and twitter.com/SYMPHONYX.

It's now on Youtube also, making it easy to share on Facebook etc.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdlEFqZOdGo&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]

If you go to the BandPage tab on the band's FB site (which is where the song is now), there's a 'share' button there.

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Nuclear Blast Records." :rolleyes:

AHH!! I hate that!!!!:eek: LOL! I uploaded the vid :(. Oh well... You still have the NucBlast streaming up... oh well.

^ yeah I thought they wouldn't leave it up when I saw the youtube link. Lame.

Anyway there's still the streaming thing like you said, and you can use DownloadHelper to download it, it's 128kbps.

Sounds cool btw, thanks jax.

I know how to directly record something from my SOUND CARD using Audacity. It gives you the highest quality you can possibly get (which depends on how high quality the file online is). :D

sure but it's easier to just use a plugin in your browser that just grabs the original audio/video stream from the website with a mouse click. No change to quality either. :)

Maybe I'm just missing something but I don't really hear much that would make me surprised to hear this song on Paradise Lost or even The Odyssey... obviously there's a slightly different sound to all the albums and this song has more keyboard prominence than a lot of them, but overall it sounds like a typical heavy Symphony X song. Nothing wrong with that at all but I've heard just as good or better on both PL and The Odyssey, so I just don't understand why people think this song is so much better, unless it's just because it's new.

Anyway, glad to finally hear a studio recording - it sounds really good. Can't wait for the album. :headbang: