SYMPHONY X: NEW SONG AVAILABLE FOR STREAMING

It sounds a lot more rockin' than the past material, so they're probably gonna be having a lot more fun with it live than with older stuff. Not to discredit the older stuff of course, I'd just imagine it being difficult to rock out while playing The Damnation Game for example. I wish I could catch the tour.

Maybe I'm just missing something but I don't really hear much that would make me surprised to hear this song on Paradise Lost or even The Odyssey... obviously there's a slightly different sound to all the albums and this song has more keyboard prominence than a lot of them, but overall it sounds like a typical heavy Symphony X song. Nothing wrong with that at all but I've heard just as good or better on both PL and The Odyssey, so I just don't understand why people think this song is so much better, unless it's just because it's new.

Anyway, glad to finally hear a studio recording - it sounds really good. Can't wait for the album. :headbang:

Agreed. This song makes me a little nervous. i hope there are songs on the album where Russell actually sings. The gravelly screaming is getting old. I'm hoping this isn't PL 2.

This song makes me a little nervous.

:lol:

i hope there are songs on the album where Russell actually sings.

+1 I know what you mean. :) In fact the part I liked the most is when he says "the world is dying".

It's a pretty cool song but it's not the kind of songs I keep coming back to listen to. There's nothing that interesting and the solo sounds more like 'just another solo'. I keep wanting to listen to the entire album though!

I have watched this thread for some time, often in disbelief at the ridiculous comments by so-called fans of Symphony X. I cannot fathom how there is still bitching/worrying after Symphony X releases such a kick ass song, especially since it addresses some of the "issues" some of you had about PL. The keys are more prevalent, and the song has an awesome riff/groove. Just another solo!? What are you listening to, because I heard a solo with some of the fastest parts Romeo has done with some interesting whammy bar and bends to spice it up...almost like a more aggressive Edge of Forever. I seriously think you need to get in touch with your closet N'Sync desires if you are not excited for the cd because of End of Innocence. I doubt Symphony X reads this board...God knows I wouldn't because of some of the ass-clown comments you see in here, but if they do, thanks for writing such a kick ass song and I eagerly await the full release.

Oh and for the record, I thought PL f@#$ing ruled. I easily put some of the songs on that cd in my top 10, by SyX or any band. Aggressive solos (without the overdone wah pedal - *cough* V), godlike rhythms/riffs, awesome vocals...hell we even got a great acoustic solo.

Lyrics, anybody?

Well, here's my pathetic attempt between essays:

Bite your tongue
The blackened sun will curse the moon
Skies afire, nothing's worth a damn
Calculate, anticipate your every move
Beware the ruthless hearts of men

Feel my pain
My words are in vain
I believe it's the end of innocence
Don't look away
Oh, hear what I say
I believe it's the end of innocence

(The next one is brutally difficult for me to understand and qualifies for funny misheard lyrics...)

Cut and splice
Some fierce device did something something rain?? (hahahaha, sorry!)
Songs of light,
Synthetic thoughts(?) of man
Crushed beneath the dragon(?) beast breathing(?) hate
Your blood, your blood is on their hands

Chorus

The world is dying
The precious sands of time are running out
We are but fallen
Made obsolete, methodically phased out

Feel my pain

Chorus

Here's what I hear in the second verse:

Cut and splice up this device
Degenerate
Sons of light,
Synthetic gods of men
Crushed beneath the dragon beast breathing hate
Your blood, your blood is on their hands

Dude...does this mean something different in finnish?:heh:
No, but that's still quite a common way of saying that "I'm very excited" atleast in southern finland, haha. Also, if someone acts as if they're excited about something, you can tell them to "stay in their pants". Translates quite nice.

I have watched this thread for some time, often in disbelief at the ridiculous comments by so-called fans of Symphony X. I cannot fathom how there is still bitching/worrying after Symphony X releases such a kick ass song, especially since it addresses some of the "issues" some of you had about PL. The keys are more prevalent, and the song has an awesome riff/groove. Just another solo!? What are you listening to, because I heard a solo with some of the fastest parts Romeo has done with some interesting whammy bar and bends to spice it up...almost like a more aggressive Edge of Forever. I seriously think you need to get in touch with your closet N'Sync desires if you are not excited for the cd because of End of Innocence. I doubt Symphony X reads this board...God knows I wouldn't because of some of the ass-clown comments you see in here, but if they do, thanks for writing such a kick ass song and I eagerly await the full release.

Oh and for the record, I thought PL f@# ruled. I easily put some of the songs on that cd in my top 10, by SyX or any band. Aggressive solos (without the overdone wah pedal - *cough* V), godlike rhythms/riffs, awesome vocals...hell we even got a great acoustic solo.

You should change your name to "Sheepking".
There is nothing wrong with Symphony X fans disliking the band's new direction.

Oh and for the record, I thought PL f@# ruled. I easily put some of the songs on that cd in my top 10, by SyX or any band. Aggressive solos (without the overdone wah pedal - *cough* V), godlike rhythms/riffs, awesome vocals...hell we even got a great acoustic solo.

:err:

You should change your name to "Sheepking".
There is nothing wrong with Symphony X fans disliking the band's new direction.
Some of the whiners are absolutely ridiculous and exaggerate everything. These guys would be crying their eyes out if Symphony X was about to release The Divine Wings of Tragedy and had The Eyes of Medusa or Of Sins And Shadows as single.

A good smack in the head is what these guys need and not a comforting shoulder and a tissue to wipe the tears off. It's a metal band for crying out loud, they won't include a male version of "My Heart Will Go On" on Iconoclast, and such material will never and has never been a dominant factor in their music. Get. Over. It. Seriously.

No, but that's still quite a common way of saying that "I'm very excited" atleast in southern finland, haha. Also, if someone acts as if they're excited about something, you can tell them to "stay in their pants". Translates quite nice.

Ah, like "I can hardly keep my pants on!"?

This kinda ruins it for my inner pervert..:err:

Some of the whiners are absolutely ridiculous and exaggerate everything. These guys would be crying their eyes out if Symphony X was about to release The Divine Wings of Tragedy and had The Eyes of Medusa or Of Sins And Shadows as single.

A good smack in the head is what these guys need and not a comforting shoulder and a tissue to wipe the tears off. It's a metal band for crying out loud, they won't include a male version of "My Heart Will Go On" on Iconoclast, and such material will never and has never been a dominant factor in their music. Get. Over. It. Seriously.

Whining about whiners is helping this thread remain on topic.

I re-listened to the song today and I liked it a lot more than I did yesterday. I'm noticing little nuances to it that reminded me why I even like this band to begin with. PL sounded forced and lost me, but I have a feeling this album will re-kindle my interest with the band.

Also, MJR still has the coolest sounding wide-vibrato pinched harmonic in the industry :kickass:

It's nice to hear the studio version of this song. I like it. It doesn't grab you, throw you down and
stomp on your head but still very solid. The bridge and solo are excellent. Can't wait to hear the
whole CD!

Some of the whiners are absolutely ridiculous and exaggerate everything.

Most of them are simply old fans who love Russel's old clean vocals. It's not like they're saying the new material is total crap.

These guys would be crying their eyes out if Symphony X was about to release The Divine Wings of Tragedy and had The Eyes of Medusa or Of Sins And Shadows as single.

Sounds like YOU don't like those songs. Eyes of Medusa is amazing, and Sins is better than most of PL. But that is merely what my personal taste favors and you're just gonna have to stop calling it 'whining' and move on.

A good smack in the head is what these guys need

What better way to deal with someone who is into the same band as you are but likes it in a way different from yours? :lol:

As for the "it's a metal band" argument, seriously? How are songs like Inferno or Wicked or albums like V any less "metal" simply because they have clean vocals?

MJR still has the coolest sounding wide-vibrato pinched harmonic in the industry :kickass:

This! :kickass:

personally i think the studio version sounds great. nothing wrong with the vocals. the mix is done well. all instruments are very audible. cant wait to hear the rest. and for the people who are worried because this song is pretty "standard", keep in mind that every single symphony x album has songs in this style where its just a 5 minute standard song structure rock song. this is the albums first single. i already like it more than set the world on fire (not that i dislike that song). there are several songs on this album with around 10 minute track times so im sure there will be plenty of variety among the 2 full discs of music.

I just love that there are more keyboard parts in this song than on Paradise Lost as a whole [/over-exaggeration]. I really like the weird clicking synth-thing going on during the bridge and following interlude.

@Marwen - Sep3 the King of Terrors gets the rage going again! But I'm not going to continue this time. Everything has been said already, but I'll add just a little, tiny bit. Constant crying and bitching about the band doesn't make you a fan. It makes you a troll. You are not "into a band" if you only like one or two of their songs. Symphony X doesn't use guttural vocals in any of their songs so it's all clean to me.

As for the rest: Drugs are bad. Also, learn to read. I'm not going to reiterate myself as most of my posts are offtopic anyways, just as this one. Well, not entirely offtopic as it started from the usual "waah waaaah clean vocals waaah" thing about the new song.

I just hope you've realized that the "clean vocals" thing is getting quite old by now and I'm probably not the only one annoyed by this. I'm quite passionate when it comes to music and especially when it comes to my favorite band.

Ah, like "I can hardly keep my pants on!"?

This kinda ruins it for my inner pervert..:err:
It DOES come with sort of a suggestive remark depending on the situation, but is not directly used in "that sort" of context. :) Just as I did, it can be used as a simple method to add some sort of a humorous shock value to something that would otherwise seem plain and boring. I like to color my speech with weird expressions, (bad) jokes, sarcasm and irony, regardless of language.

personally i think the studio version sounds great. nothing wrong with the vocals. the mix is done well. all instruments are very audible. cant wait to hear the rest. and for the people who are worried because this song is pretty "standard", keep in mind that every single symphony x album has songs in this style where its just a 5 minute standard song structure rock song. this is the albums first single. i already like it more than set the world on fire (not that i dislike that song). there are several songs on this album with around 10 minute track times so im sure there will be plenty of variety among the 2 full discs of music.
I totally agree with most of this. I like Set The World On Fire more atleast for now, but what comes to the rest of the post, couldn't have said it better. よく言った!:)