Quest for a carboard guitar box

or goto a tesco or somewhere, just ask one of the people behind the till or kiosk to save some big boxes for you, we do it for customers where I work at co-op. Otherwise they just crushed and then all binded and sent off for recycling

Lots of cardboard and tape will do the trick. I sometimes do a small wood frame to support the makeshift guitar box, but lastime I went a bit overkill :D

I cut a carton pallet in half and made it the base of the box. Then the frame and some more cardboard, tape and stuff.
box1r.jpg

Done. That baby weight over 14 kg:s :D ..But, it can take a lot of beating.
box2h.jpg

Use the money to order a new guitar, and then use the box it comes in to ship the old one! (honestly, this is what I've always done in the past :D)

Did the Ibanez last year arrive in an ESP case Marcus? :lol:

Decimator, were you by any chance planning on paradropping that thing? :lol:

And also.... who the fuck ships something with that much care LOL. A wooden framework haha, that is pure love for guitars if ever I have seen it.

My local Guitar Center has never given me any issues with setting aside a few boxes on delivery day. I've probably gotten 10 boxes from them over the past 4 years. I just call a guy I know down there and he has their guy that unpacks new guitars set them aside fro me and I go get them a few days later and all is good.

Yeah I know a shit ton of Guitar Center people in like.... 5 different stores... I used drum boxes to pack and move all my shit across the country a few times. They never gave a shit about giving me boxes. Pretty odd.

Secondly... just walk around to where trash and recycling bins may be, and just score a few. They wont say shit.

Decimator, were you by any chance planning on paradropping that thing? :lol:

:D Maybe I could have done that.

I did walk over the box and it withstood nicely. 4 layers of cardboard ftw :)

And also.... who the fuck ships something with that much care LOL. A wooden framework haha, that is pure love for guitars if ever I have seen it.

The guitar was in MINT condition and I wanted to get it delivered that way. I made the box at work so the materials were free and I got payed for that time too :D