Dont ever let anyone borrow your phone...

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
...especially iphone users. Was on my way back from Derby on the train today, and some poor guy got on at birmingham new street just had his phone brand new iphone 4 mugged from him in a pretty bizzarre way.

A dutch guy from amsterdam asked him for a cigarette (must've scoped out his white headphones), so he gave him one, and had a little chat. For whatever reason the kid didnt have a lighter so the dutch guy said oh I have 3 and gave him one to keep. So the kid obviously thought he was a pretty level dude at this point. He asks to borrow his phone to make a quick call to his friend so he can get picked up from the station. For some reason, the number wouldnt work. So he then took him on a wild goose I guess feigning an inability to speak english, but needed him to go with him outside the station and was being very resiliant about giving the phone back. They ended up at a market type phone shop, where he pawned the phone practically before his eyes and then threatened him with a gun. Oh and the cops couldnt give a fucking shit to boot! (I have actually lost all faith in our pathetic system over here, and didnt have much to begin with really)

Cant trust anyone these days... good wake-up call though- no one is ever touching my phone now!!

...especially iphone users. Was on my way back from Derby on the train today, and some poor guy got on at birmingham new street just had his phone brand new iphone 4 mugged from him in a pretty bizzarre way.

A dutch guy from amsterdam asked him for a cigarette (must've scoped out his white headphones), so he gave him one, and had a little chat. For whatever reason the kid didnt have a lighter so the dutch guy said oh I have 3 and gave him one to keep. So the kid obviously thought he was a pretty level dude at this point. He asks to borrow his phone to make a quick call to his friend so he can get picked up from the station. For some reason, the number wouldnt work. So he then took him on a wild goose I guess feigning an inability to speak english, but needed him to go with him outside the station and was being very resiliant about giving the phone back. They ended up at a market type phone shop, where he pawned the phone practically before his eyes and then threatened him with a gun. Oh and the cops couldnt give a fucking shit to boot! (I have actually lost all faith in our pathetic system over here, and didnt have much to begin with really)

Cant trust anyone these days... good wake-up call though- no one is ever touching my phone now!!

Dutch guy the one getting mugged or the one who did the mugging? Either way, that sucks bigtime. Note to self: don't hand over belongings to strangers

Wait a minute, the Dutch guy pulled out a gun on the street and threatened some one and the police were not concerned?

So.. the dutch guy robbed his phone? Or the other way round?
I'd understand it if the guy rubbed the dutch guy after having earned his trust by giving him a lighter.. but the other way round? That's really a dick move.. I mean of course it sucks if someone steals your phone but if you give him a cigarette, a lighter and THEN he steals your phone? What the fuck man :eek: Bad karma :lol:
Edit: I was just stupid and didn't read "so the dutch guy said oh I have 3". I missed the word dutch and then I wasn't sure to whom the term "the kid" was reffering. Sorry :/

+1 on not handing out my iPhone to other people from now on :S

I'm not worried about the Dutch getting a bad name. Van der Sloot made sure of that. I was in Lima for a week, and I got a "what do you think of your countrymate van der sloot?" almost daily.

The DUTCH!!!! ^^^^

just kidding ... timing was too perfect :p

:rolleyes:

Wait a minute, the Dutch guy pulled out a gun on the street and threatened some one and the police were not concerned?

Perhaps he realised he couldn't pull that stuff in the netherlands.

And just because I have to say it, he is NOT representative of the dutch. The vast majority of crimes committed in the netherlands are in fact committed NOT by dutch nationals.

There, I said it.

Do they have humor in the Netherlands?

It was just a joke man, no harm intended

Wow, I think you're totally misunderstanding me. I'm really not offended in any way! There was no harm done! As a dutch guy I just had to say stuff like this is not representative of the dutch. That said, by all means let the dutch jokes rip. If you're in the country some day let me know and we'll put some beers to good use and swap dirty jokes.

in fact:
http://hennievandyk.bravepages.com/jokes.html

Big lols at the dutch hahahahahaha

It seems nobody understood Kev's perfect English? The dutch guy robbed the other guy, the dutch guy gave the other guy a lighter which seems to have made the other guy trust the dutch guy a bit more.
Haha I missed a single word and then I wasn't sure who did what anymore.

Conclusion: Don't smoke because your iPhone will be robbed then :heh:

I never let anyone touch my phone. My ex-girlfriend never got near my phone, not because I had anything to hide, but because it's my fuckin phone. Few people have ever touched my phone.