Question About An Amp

thomas1831

Feb 21, 2009
My Friend just bought a Traynor YCS100 Tube Head and Cab and we are finding it a bit to fizzy in the high end Is there something we can do to smooth this out with a tube change or something? The Head is a 3 ch Beats Apparently ch 1 is a mesa type voicing channel 2 is a jcm 800 type voicing and I'm not sure about the clean Ch3. I no nothing really when it comes to Tube Amps and he asked me for some advice ha ha so now I'm asking you guys !!! The cab Is a 4x12 cab loaded with V'30's . He got a really smokin deal on this amp and it sounds decent but were looking to fine tune it a bit. Anyone here have any Experience with this amp???? THANKS:kickass:

I've never heard of these amps but,

a. Are you using a tube screamer? This will help smooth out the top.
b. What tubes are in the amp? For all you know if it's used, all of the tubes may be years old, or burnt out, etc. I would recommend changing v1 in the preamp first to something you know works.

-Greg

This Is the Head its Powered by four EL34EH's and four 12AX7A's Its switchable from 100watts to 30 watts ...Another cool thing about the amp is that it has A DI output (XLR) In the back. We have not tried a Tube screamer yet but that's something we will try. Traynor is a Canadian amp company that has been around since the 60's and has always made amps for blues and jazz styles. This amp is there first High gain amp I think. I will record some samples from the amp as soon as I am able to.
ycs100h_med.jpg

ycs100_gt.png