Question about approaching the guys on tour

When you go up to them just think of them as you or I standing out there, cuz thats what they are just your average joe that just happen to be good musicians, how would you want to be approached?

why don't people listen to the concerts where Alexi actually says their names?
The scythes of bodom crew posted a triple solo battle and in that Alexi very distinctly pronounces Roope's name. Janne's name is also pronounced in that as well as other concerts like the Paris bootleg. Anyone can listen to these...

Thanatopsis said:
why don't people listen to the concerts where Alexi actually says their names?
The scythes of bodom crew posted a triple solo battle and in that Alexi very distinctly pronounces Roope's name. Janne's name is also pronounced in that as well as other concerts like the Paris bootleg. Anyone can listen to these...
ive GOT to hear this triple solo battle. i cant find it on the scythes of bodom site

pallarandersvisa said:
ive GOT to hear this triple solo battle. i cant find it on the scythes of bodom site

Its in the news, scroll down on the front page. Its under the headline: Week of Terror

Both times I met the guys I knocked on their tourbus and they came out and greeted us. The first time [november last year], they were on their way to an interview. They started to walk away, but Alexi said something like "we can do that later" and he stayed to chat/autograph/take pics with us. The 2nd time [december last year], I knocked on the bus and Roope came out. We talked with him for about 20 minutes about random stuff [he said he wanted to stay in COB as a permanent member], talked with Janne for a few seconds but he had to go inside. Jaska came over and talked for a few minutes, and I got autographs from Roope and Jaska. They're all awesome people

I have not met Henkka yet though.. I hope to when I see them this week.

This is the 3rd time I'm seeing them in less than a year:OMG:

§tygian Apothegm said:
nope sorry it's roo-pay (and yes roll the r)

dont try to correct me, im friends with someone who knows the band well so i'd say my source is more accurate.

I met the band several times and I can fuckin' swear that it's not Rope-uh or Roo-pay but simply ROH-PEH with more emphasis on the "peh", trust me. That's the finish pronounciation and everything else is american, goddammit!

I agree with you on this one, its Roh-peh.
Janne ends with Neh and not Nay.

(and so I wont look stupid if anyone proves me wrong anyway I will now add: I think o_O )

Oh well, Its not like its a big problem. You can always just skip saying their names at all :p

^ and I've heard the band members pronouncing Roope as well and it was not Roo-pay. Probably Janne kinda americanized the name as most of the people cannot pronounce it the finnish way, anyway, Janne likes to fake people sometimes :p . And I'm bothered on discussing this shit any further.

Yeah, the guys are pretty cool. My boyfriend and I saw them on their last tour (with Dimmu) and we just sort of walked up and said hi. I forget who my boyfriend was talking to, because I'd just smacked my head against something while headbanging, but he laughed at my boyfriend really hard because he didn't have a pen, or anything to get an autograph on. :lol: So, come prepared with a pen, at least!