Question about bums.

Reminiscence

Oblique and Nebulous
Nov 1, 2005
Lakewood, CO
Does anyone know bums? Why the fuck don't they move to warmer climates in winter? They could just fucking walk or train hop if need be. Yet so many choose to freeze their dicks off. I realize in Europe it could have to do with language barriers, but in the US there really isn't a reason for bums to stay in cold weather, besides perhaps some of them having unbreakable bonds to their respective areas.

Also, do you think there are any bums in Iceland? :loco:

Well, if they had the common sense to make a decision like "Go somewhere warm for the winter", they probably wouldn't be in the whole "homeless" mess to begin with...

?
FTRA ya ever hear about that shit?
Freight Train Riders of America?
When your folks kick you out of the basement, you should hop on a train and call them bums.
Beheaded bewilderedness is a hard way to learn

No offense dude, but some people have no choice

You know, just because you're homeless doesn't mean you don't have any social or sentimental ties to the place you're in. Also, lots of them are demented drunks.

A Trace Of Blood said:
Does anyone know bums? Why the fuck don't they move to warmer climates in winter? They could just fucking walk or train hop if need be. Yet so many choose to freeze their dicks off. I realize in Europe it could have to do with language barriers, but in the US there really isn't a reason for bums to stay in cold weather, besides perhaps some of them having unbreakable bonds to their respective areas.

Also, do you think there are any bums in Iceland? :loco:

This could have been a funny philosophical discussion,
alas, its not. (oh im just toying around) :D
Homeless people lost their homes, and they were born where they are..
why would they spend the little they have already to go to a "warmer" place
where theydon't know anybody, don't know the streets, don't know where
the shelters are etc.... thats just silly.
If I was a homeless person living in Virginia (and boy it gets cold here)
i would stay where I am. with some people I know, hiding places i know and the city I grew up in.
Most homeless people though, do go to shelters, and spend the winter sleeping in a shelter.

bums in Iceland??? :loco:
Did you know its actually colder in Greenland????
not many homeless people there though...
A house would prolly cost 10 Danish krone.... thats like one dollar...

Just my two cents, since you were asking. :D

now while we're at it...
where do ducks fly to, when the lake freezes?

Dead_Lioness said:
where do ducks fly to, when the lake freezes?
under the frozen ice, just like that cab driver says in that horrendously over-rated book which shall remain nameless, but it rhymes with hatcher in the sky.

We have one bum in this town. He has been standing in one spot in town the entire winter. I've never actually seen a homeless person before here until this. You think you would be homeless in NYC where there is a lot of people.

neal said:
under the frozen ice, just like that cab driver says in that horrendously over-rated book which shall remain nameless, but it rhymes with hatcher in the sky.

I was disappointed with Maggie Thatchers Pie, also. I wanted more coochie shots.

:Smug:

A Trace Of Blood said:
besides perhaps some of them having unbreakable bonds to their respective areas.

I guess I need to quote myself, because people aren't reading my fucking post. I did acknowledge the fact that they might have emotional ties.

Iceland being warmer than Greenland is very well known. My intelligence has been insulted. :cry:

Final_Product said:
I was disappointed with Maggie Thatchers Pie, also. I wanted more coochie shots.

:Smug:
haha i agree with a lot of what that kid thinks, but he's such a whiney cunt about it. yeh, the world fuckin sucks and everyone is a phoney. fuckin get over it. (i read it like 8 years ago)

neal said:
haha i agree with a lot of what that kid thinks, but he's such a whiney cunt about it. yeh, the world fuckin sucks and everyone is a phoney. fuckin get over it. (i read it like 8 years ago)

Dude, I am in total agreement. Catcher in the Rye was incredibly overrated. I enjoyed the observation of the main character and the way empathy of warm summer days was used as an emotional/literary tool...BUT i'd rather smoke and listen to Boston than read that book :)