Question about Drum Triggers and Sample Replacement

You guys every thought of picking a trigger to midi converter up?
I used to use my TMC-6 in my live set up whn i played metal and triggered my kick...........(http://www.roland.com/products/en/TMC-6/)

bassically sends a midi note, which you get from drumagog when you drumagog a mic and then triggers samples from that, you can set the threshold and x talk to be more precise and even set the out put level it sends out.

This would help the clipping!!

Have you tried using a Y xlr cable for your OHs? You can save an input on your interface. I just thought of the idea today, after seeing the 2into1 xlr cable in an audio production class, so I haven't tried it. Since the OHs will be a stereo track, there's no reason to mix two inputs! If both condensor mics need 48v though, would one input power both mics?

Edit: Oh, they have to be panned.

Have you tried using a Y xlr cable for your OHs? You can save an input on your interface. I just thought of the idea today, after seeing the 2into1 xlr cable in an audio production class, so I haven't tried it. Since the OHs will be a stereo track, there's no reason to mix two inputs! If both condensor mics need 48v though, would one input power both mics?

Edit: Oh, they have to be panned.

It will supply 48 volts to both, but you may run into an issue of current draw. It shouldn't be a problem as long as the 48v supply has enough amperage to cover two mics. Only time I could see it being a problem is if the interface regulates the phantom power for each input separately(which probably isn't the case).

yes and yes

alright let me just run by what I would be doing, just to double check.

I would be hooking up the ddrum triggers to the drum set, then I would plug them direct into my presonus firestudio 2626, then I would load them into Aptrigga or drumagog and replace them with samples. That would work right?

Also I have SD2.0, would I be able to use the trigger hits with it, or I would need to use a drum trigger to send the midi?

alright let me just run by what I would be doing, just to double check.

I would be hooking up the ddrum triggers to the drum set, then I would plug them direct into my presonus firestudio 2626, then I would load them into Aptrigga or drumagog and replace them with samples. That would work right?

Also I have SD2.0, would I be able to use the trigger hits with it, or I would need to use a drum trigger to send the midi?

Yes, I'm not sure about your SD question because I don't use it, but I do use ApTrigga to replace trigger hits with Slate samples

Yes, I'm not sure about your SD question because I don't use it, but I do use ApTrigga to replace trigger hits with Slate samples

Yea im gonna do some research about the SD2.0 triggering. Anyways, thanks for all your help man :worship:

EDIT:I checked the drumagog site and it can export midi, which means it will work with SD2.0. This is looking good so far :) Thanks again.