Question about Hotplate connection

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
Asked THD about that but did not receive any response yet.

I bought an used Hotplate 8ohm to connect my amps to my recording rig using IRs, no speaker cab. It's specified in the manual to use a guitar cable to connect the 'line out' to the 'line in' of the console (Zed R16 in my case) on the "load" position. Ok. But is there another safe way to connect in order to use the XLR in instead? Maybe a simple Jack-XLR cable..? Balanced/unblanced?

You mean Hotplate > DI box > console? Sounds weird to me but I'm a noob regarding all these questions..

A DI box is used to convert an instrument level signal to a line level signal, with th hot plate the output is already line level so no need for a DI.
What you would need is a reamp box, which converts converts a line level input to an instrument level output, then go to one of the XLR input on the R16!

Basically that would be:

Amp speaker out > Hotplate Input > Hotplate line output > reamp box line input > reamp box instrument output > R16 instrument XLR input

Does your hotplate make noise when running? Mine makes a loud ventilation noise, like a little vaccum cleaner whn the signal comes through. I suppose it's normal but it's quite surprising!